401 Park Drive (née Landmark Center) | Fenway

Thanks for the photos, Bee. Looks awesome. All of it. And love the statues!

For me it was much more relaxing and the quality (food and space) were much better. This may have something to do with my age.

I agree - - much more geared for folks to eat there in the moment. Public Market has more florist/butcher/popcorn stuff along with some eateries. Time Out is straight up indoor gourmet food truck. Fantastic foods. Some (I'm looking at you Revolution Kitchen) way overcharge and go bland. My $10.75 bowl of Red Coconut Curry soup was half-filled and couldn't be discerned from a general (but fresh and high quality) vegetable soup. But, on the whole, some fantastic choices and very high quality. Was particularly taken by the gelatto stand. When I was there July 4th, they only had 3 of their flavors available. The woman behind the counter evidently was the co owner with her husband and they were shocked at how successful/busy they had been and simply were not able to keep up with the demand. This was their first foray into the business and they had learned gelatto making in Italy 2 years ago. Great story. I hope they can adjust to the higher than expected demand. I spent a week in Milan a few years back and gorged on the gelatto there. This was every bit as good.

A long expository riff on Samuels and Landmark, and the history. More a paean of praise then new 'news', though the article does say that Samuels is not yet done with this area of the Fenway.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/busines...eighborhood/ITOj91XtQouQeHyyt4RvGN/story.html

This was enraging:

The new green space at 401 Park links to the Emerald Necklace via another parcel that was also a parking lot. In the 1960s, Sears convinced the city to pave over a portion of the Emerald Necklace for an employee parking area, but Samuels helped convert it back, exposing the Muddy River once more.

We've come a long way.

Its enraging? really? The middle 20th century was not kind to Boston, I didn't think anybody at this point would bat an eyelash at old news

Enraging...hahaha

...did y'all hear about all that landfill out along the Shawmut Peninsula back in the 18th and 19th centuries?

Instead of being a dick.... yes. It is maddening, that this was allowed to come to pass.
Snarky histrionics not withstanding.

3D2CADED-89A9-42AB-8D3A-8AD539258FC2.jpeg
1C4EEE5E-5797-4B5C-8F9F-96B9646C6B97.jpeg
0347F0BA-6685-4DE4-873B-FD9CC1C922EB.jpeg
38FF64D0-CB77-4518-846E-A42037E016A5.jpeg
677ECF72-5EFA-46DA-8E2C-9D5DBEF6EF33.jpeg

All great, overpriced food and all
but there's still not enough walk-able residential density near it.
It sucks the resident mid-rises aren't being added.

Is this coming still?
Seems it is. It looks like the tenants (the movie theater is closed and the art supply store has moved), so that leaves that portion available for demo. The hold up may be something to do with the parling garage which is under renovation. Not sure this is the cause of the delay, but it's the only visible reason for the demo delay.
IMG_9555 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_9557 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_9558 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_9553 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

Otherwise looking GOOD!

IMG_9551 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

IMG_9552 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr

Not according to Fandango... maybe just that entrance?
Was definitely not closed as of the Friday after this post when I went to see Ad Astra and the theatre is still offering showtimes through March 2020. Though, I'll note this theatre feels VERY tired and has a lot of underutilized space. The theatre I watched the movie in looked like it had recently been rebuilt to compete with AMC's latest accommodations, though (DRAMATIC reduction in seating space with every seat having a plush, reclining seat like the ones AMC's rebuilt theatres only offer in the wings and at the very very front). Curious how Regal is doing and if they'll be spending any capital to upgrade their tenant space and/or if there's a way to get an interior entrance to connect directly to the Time Out Market.

I like the seats at this Regal and the retro 90s vibe in there its like stepping in a time machine lol

Not an ideal location for lab space unless it is hospital-associated lab space. You'd be surprised how oddly zip code specific biotechs can be when looking for space, even in a super tight market like Kendall. A local real estate guy I know told me how even though some of these guys could build / occupy on the Boston side of the pike, they all feel they need to be in Cambridge unless they have made the decision to be on 128 or 495.

Back