50 Liberty @ Fan Pier | 50 Liberty Drive | Seaport

^ It is, yes. Actually, the fact that it's a shorter version makes it a lot nicer, in my opinion. And, those glasscrapers in Toronto tend to be woeful at ground level.

Haha Toronto got the "blue glass is in" memo right as they were about to have the biggest building boom in history and went WAY OVERBOARD. They really need to never build another blue glass tower again or its going to be ridiculous. They still have a chance with how fast they are building there to kind of drown it out, but if they keep going its going to be insane how many of those they put up there. Its unfortunate too because they really went from like a Boston skyline to a NYC skyline in like 15 years. Its insane what theyre doing up there. Luckily they do have some variety coming down the pipeline and I think its going to actually turn out pretty well.

cherry-oxford.jpg

With regards to 50 liberty I think this turned out really well and Im so thankful that they put a glass crown on this vs 22 liberty which is also a really nice building ruined by that blue chunk of metal on top. This crown and Lovejoy Wharf turned out really well and I wish they would do glass crowns on every glass building, vs whatever the hell is on 22 liberty.

I like these little touches they're adding around the city. The one at DTX gets its fair share of use and now this and the waterfall are pretty cool touches to get people into the area. Then at pier 4 you'll have the steps to the water and the waterfront park. The small things like this really add a new dynamic to the pedestrian experience of the city. You also have the multiple roof decks that have been added and also the 9/11 memorial park across the street. These small things like this really add a lot to the experience and its much better than just having a bunch of new buildings. The new building going up at the 9/11 memorial park looks great too. Then on top of all of this at the M parcels the center courtyard shows ice skating in the winter and lots of outdoor seating in the warmer months. Im liking what I see.

This is the longest landscaping job ever. Come on, guys! Dying to have the harborwalk back to normal. But it probably won't open until spring at this rate.

In my opinion, a case of the whole being greater than the sum of its parts.

Looks like they're already starting to light the crown.

Elevated Boston

Stick, just a couple of notes.
- The crown lighting you see is not decorative lighting, it’s just the required rooftop lighting.
- Those photos are probably from the Summer time.

We’ll see. 50 also installed smallish circular lights on the outside of several balconies that are meant to light up in various colors. Jury is out on whether it looks nice or cheesy. I’m leaning towards cheesy, but again, we’ll see.

Beeline, thanks for being an 'Arctic' explorer on a day fit for polar bears. I see no indications from the pix that the record tide came over the seawall at 50 Liberty.

Back