50 Liberty @ Fan Pier | 50 Liberty Drive | Seaport

Has anyone heard of a major problem with the glass on this building? They have been replacing and repairing a lot of windows over the last couple of months.

https://flic.kr/p/2b5LDtT

Has anyone heard of a major problem with the glass on this building? They have been replacing and repairing a lot of windows over the last couple of months.

https://flic.kr/p/2b5LDtT

Yes. After completion, it turned out that a number of the windows installed by the construction company were damaged and not satisfactory to the developer. So they’re being replaced.

Looks like a crappy condo built on the beach before the 2008 financial crisis in Florida.

42721321941_9ef94868ec_h.jpg

This cafe appears to be closed and apparently will be from November to until May.

I'll put this here rather than in new retail.

15,000 square foot Davio's restaurant coming to 50 Liberty.

Steve DiFillippo pushes open the papered-over doors to his new restaurant space ..... As he enters the massive, 15,000-square-foot cement box at 50 Liberty, ... DiFillippo points excitedly around the room, sketching out the expansive new Davio’s in his mind.

“The main entrance and the podium will be here,” he says, “and that’s the bar, and then, that’s the ocean.”

....There’s the spot where the chef’s table will be, and the pair of private dining rooms on the first floor. Then he sprints up the stairs to the second floor, where he’s planning a function space with a full kitchen — and four more private dining rooms, each with floor-to-ceiling windows.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/busines...pier-mantle/d4mJAKjviLHExkkuu4P17K/story.html

My brother brought us to Davio's in the Braintree Mall (showing my age, now the South Shore Plaza), rave reviews from a cousin. Total disaster. Indifferent service, overcooked, tough veal chop (a signature dish) and two thirds through the meal the fire alarms went off in the mall! Got up to leave and were told...oh, this happens all the time, construction thing, just ignore it!! Nothing like finishing up a meal with strove lights/alarm bells blaring in the background. We did get comped for the meal (gee thanks, we sent it back)...and offered a free dessert..told the manager to stick it. Never again!

And the portions were so small!

My brother brought us to Davio's in the Braintree Mall (showing my age, now the South Shore Plaza), rave reviews from a cousin. Total disaster. Indifferent service, overcooked, tough veal chop (a signature dish) and two thirds through the meal the fire alarms went off in the mall! Got up to leave and were told...oh, this happens all the time, construction thing, just ignore it!! Nothing like finishing up a meal with strove lights/alarm bells blaring in the background. We did get comped for the meal (gee thanks, we sent it back)...and offered a free dessert..told the manager to stick it. Never again!

Off the topic. Lynnfield -Market Place- The Davio's in that location I have always had a good experience there in food and atmosphere.

:)

Wonder what the rent's like.. guessing a brunch for 2 could easily go >$100 like Mastro.

Yes. After completion, it turned out that a number of the windows installed by the construction company were damaged and not satisfactory to the developer. So they’re being replaced.

Nickle Sulfide Inclusion. Affects 1:1000 lights. Just saying.

I dig it. It's a nice change from the usual choices of: flat, white / gray aluminum, or wet cardboard concrete.

On the other hand, the café façade looks wrong to me. I can't put my finger on it.
It's the yellow background for signage. I've seen that background only for pawn shops, gun shops, strip joints, tire/brake repair, and any other kind of shop in a down-scale neighborhood looking for attention, along with chain link fencing.

It's the yellow background for signage. I've seen that background only for pawn shops, gun shops, strip joints, tire/brake repair, and any other kind of shop in a down-scale neighborhood looking for attention, along with chain link fencing.

True, the sign isn’t very good. They could potentially improve it with some better window graphics I suppose if they were to be so inclined.

Yes, that sign is bag of steaming......

Back