65 Norman Street | Everett

Looks like pretty typical 5-over-1 to me. This is great density in a light industrial area of Everett.

Build it.
image-9.png

Looks like pretty typical 5-over-1 to me. This is great density in a light industrial area of Everett.
Build it.
I totally agree: Outstanding neighborhoods are frequently made up of fairly ordinary building "of their time"

e.g. Beacon Hill is near-entirely fairly unremarkable c. AD1800 Federal Style houses whose architects are famous precisely because they kept building (nearly) the same house over and over--but Beacon Hill since 1800 is way better than the random brothels it replaced. (and by 1860, confronted with the Back Bay's new Brownstones, Federal was stylistically tired and needed extreme makeovers with ironwork and dark-painted doors)

Same in Everett. A whole bunch of "very 2020" 5 over 1s is way better than scrap yards. And yeah, by 2060 they'll be showing their age. It was ever thus.

Last edited:
It is 7/10 of a mile from Wellington. Kinda on the wrong side of walk-to-orange line
But it is 5/10 of a mile from SLX @ Sweetser Circle (being studied, not a real thing yet)

Back