650 Eest Kendall | 650 East Kendall Street | Cambridge - Kendall Sq

Re: 650 E. Kendall (The No Name Cambridge Project)

Great looking building....the glass really appeals to the eyes.

img8502wg8.jpg

img8503mx9.jpg
Appalling.

Proves that perfection can indeed be achieved on this earth --if the perfection you seek is the perfection of awful.

What are you talking about, Ablarc? That median in the second picture is gorgeous!

These pictures make me sad because I now work in one of the buildings visible in the first picture, and a I ride my bike down the street in the second picture everyday. Sometimes my co-workers eat in the Cambridgeside Galleria food court for lunch--the neighborhood is THAT bad. My last job was in 176 Federal Street, one of the most over-looked, finest buildings in Boston, with a view across Dewey Square to South Station. Oh, how I miss it (the building, not the job).

A lot of those one-story brick buildings are set to be replaced by larger lab buildings in the near future. Meanwhile, they serve well as incubators for small tech enterprises of various kinds.

McDonald's serves a decent-tasting, affordable hamburger.

monday morning quarterback?

If at least one councilor in Cambridge has his way, the now vacated courthouse would not be renovated, and I assume it would be flattened, so that would improve the north view, although the new lab buildings for Alexandria's megalab complex will block much of the future northern view from 650 E. Kendall.

^ Make room for another parking lot?

^^^ Alexandria's share price was $111 a share on Sept 12, which is the 52 week high. I think they have the money to develop if they have tenants lined up.

They own ten buildings in Mission Bay in San Francisco, architecturally bland, if not downright ugly.

http://www.labspace.com/cluster/mb/index.php

This one bores me:

img2045rq3.jpg

img2046ja0.jpg

img2051mu6.jpg

I really liked the reflectiobn, but otherwise it is a bland block.

I cannot keep all these Kendall Sq projects apart, they all look identical.

Last night, I headed to the Kendall Square cinema for a show. Disembarked and struggled my way through the windy tundra to the theatre, which is appallingly far from the subway station (though attached to a massive and predictably well-utilized parking garage). The only other souls were a group of girls racing through the cold to get to Starbucks, which they found to be closed (it was 8pm). Returning around midnight, I found half the doors to the T station shuttered and a small crowd puzzling about whether the system was closed or how to get in (the trains were, in fact, running for another half hour).

Can we just bulldoze the Kendall Square steppes and start over?

Yeah but the problem with that is that history has proven that we will just end up with something worse.

*cough*

img8263.jpg

img8266n.jpg

I kinda like it, as a high tech statement. At street level I'm sure it's going to be another billowing lobby / lunchtime cafe that closes up at 5?

Pedestrian Hell is high tech.

The design is bland but the glass is nice

What company is in this building? Is this Genzyme?

Pedestrian Hell is high tech.

Maybe, but high tech doesn't have to be pedestrian hell.

Back