74M (EDGE Assembly Sq.) | 74 Middlesex Ave | Somerville

IMG_6217.jpeg
IMG_6216.jpeg
IMG_6210.jpeg

Moving along slowly. They must be finishing up with the penthouse, it looks like there is some exterior wall framing starting on this side.

IMG_1031.JPG

I just realized the top two floors are the penthouse for the HVAC duct work alone!
Untitled.png

There seems to be this pause in the cladding of lab buildings. The various Boynton buildings and 10 Prospect also had it.

Maybe it has to do with installing all the ventilation and testing the rooftop equipment?

There seems to be this pause in the cladding of lab buildings. The various Boynton buildings and 10 Prospect also had it.

Maybe it has to do with installing all the ventilation and testing the rooftop equipment?
Or wind gusts... I think 20mph is the recommended ceiling for cranes until you get to the big boys.
1697637932031.png

Last edited:
The screening on the mechanicals is probably constructed in place. You can see the studs installed in the lower left.

Looks like Greystar is looking to the future of Somerville! Hopefully it keeps pushing along
View attachment 45646View attachment 45647

This'd be much better use of the space than the current strip-mall/surface parking situation, but I'd be in favor of saving and repurposing at least some of the old Ford assembly facility.

Not that anyone at Greystar or Somerville City Hall is asking my opinion.

Back