75 Chestnut Street | Portland

It appears they are getting close to finishing exterior work on this building. The yellow on the corners looks much brighter (and less attractive) to me than it did in the renderings. And I will never cease to be amused that these luxury condos are across the street from a busy scrapyard. I'd offer these shots to the brokers trying to sell the remaining units but I doubt they'd be interested...

IMG_3085.JPG

IMG_3087.jpg

IMG_3090.JPG

Still quite a few units listed for sale if anyone is interested!

I wonder if the condo owners get complimentary access to the scrapyard which would then make a purchase more enticing and also be an attractive comp when it comes to resale value? :)

Last edited:
Until the homeless shelter and the scrap yards are gone, it's going to be questionable for condos in this area. But when those two things are gone, watch out.

Still quite a few units listed for sale if anyone is interested!
Some of these units are listed for over 500k, and the HoA fees are $410 a MONTH? Even in the middle of a white-hot housing market....that seems a bit overpriced

Some of these units are listed for over 500k, and the HoA fees are $410 a MONTH? Even in the middle of a white-hot housing market....that seems a bit overpriced
For that kind of money they had better have a full service concierge.

The building is using this parking garage for its residents. They had better have security walking around 24/7, because anyone can access through its four sides. I believe that East Bayside has or had the highest crime rate stats for neighborhoods in Portland? I wouldn't let anyone I know park their car here late at night. There are significant numbers of miscreants and ne'er-do-wellers in the neighborhood--and new ones arrive from afar every day (though more of the latter than the former, probably).

I wonder if the developer was a U of Michigan alum/fan? This Color pattern will look worn or dulled once the sun bakes the siding.
Manchester has a similar building going up right across from Market Basket on Elm street. Instead of a scrap yard next door, there is a vape store. Color me not surprised!

I wonder if the developer was a U of Michigan alum/fan? This Color pattern will look worn or dulled once the sun bakes the siding.
Manchester has a similar building going up right across from Market Basket on Elm street. Instead of a scrap yard next door, there is a vape store. Color me not surprised!
All of this architectural style won't age well. It's going to look like East Germany eventually.

Back