75mph Speed Limit for northern Maine.

The speed limit should simply be indicated as, "Whatever is reasonable and proper for the road conditions". Let's face it, in the middle of nowhere there aren't too many members of law enforcement to enforce a speed limit. I can see how deer & moose will assuredly take their toll on reckless drivers even more so than under the current limits.

Seems fine by me. I have never been beyond Bangor on the highway and have been assured that I am not missing much up there. I imagine people in the extremely auto-dependent culture of Northern Maine are happy with this as well.

Higher speed limits and lower taxes- my campaign platform if I ever run for office. P.S. Death to terrorists.

Higher speed limits and lower taxes- my campaign platform if I ever run for office. P.S. Death to terrorists.

And yet you covertly rake in more taxes via gas tax due to the higher rate in which gas is consumed at high speeds. Genius.

Apparently, much of 93 in NH has been designed for speeds of 75mph. But then they lowered it for whatever reason. But there has been talk about raising it again, in areas. The speed limit is 55mph in areas such as Salem, Manchester, and Concord as you pass through more heavily used areas with more exits and turns.

I was pulled over on 93 South for going 77mph, IMO, ridiculous. No cars around me, dry cold weather. Sunny. But it is all a game, does that officer want to pull you over? I hardly ever drive 65 mph, but I hardly go over 72 mph.

Apparently, much of 93 in NH has been designed for speeds of 75mph. But then they lowered it for whatever reason.

Same reason 195 has a 55mph speed limit in parts - to generate ticket revenue for the state.

Same reason 195 has a 55mph speed limit in parts - to generate ticket revenue for the state.

It used to work wonderfully for the state of CT. Very lucrative. Once you passed that MA border doing 65 and don't realise you crossed over to their 55 area. Bam! Busted. And they got everyone for 10MPH over speed limit.

Back