7INK (née Ollie) | 217 Albany St | South End

The fact that people lambaste the park square small tower and are largely silent about this shakes my confidence in this board. Though I think the ground floor here is well done

The fact that people lambaste the park square small tower and are largely silent about this shakes my confidence in this board. Though I think the ground floor here is well done
There's a pretty substantial dissonance between Architects, Architecture "enthusiasts" (probably most of this board), and the general public unfortunately.

Wow! I sure hope those apartments with the billboard view are getting a price reduction for "Obscured View" tickets!
I'm no expert on billboards, but at exactly this location, overlooking a perpetual traffic jam, I'll bet they are making more on that billboard than they are on the apartments behind it. I've seen my share of events from obstructed view seats, and the beer tasted just as good 😊. It's an 8 min walk to One Financial center and 15 min to Logan, and if I was a 27 year old quant or newly minted corporate attorney pulling 80-100 hour weeks I really wouldn't care what the hell was outside my window cause them shades would be in full effect.

Maybe those apartments are targeted towards nudists who value privacy but disdain window shades?

I like it. It's weird like 99 High Street meets Planet of the Apes and it's not walling off Bay Village

And that's a wrap.

The property, which opened earlier this month, brings to close a massive project that began nearly a decade prior at the former home of the Boston Herald, and came to represent a certain type of large-scale, mixed-use development that has since sprouted in various corners of the city. Today, the seven-building Ink Block complex includes nearly 650 apartments and condos, a 205-room AC Hotel by Marriott, and 75,000 square feet of retail space including a Whole Foods grocery, Yellow Door Taqueria, and several fitness studios. For a memento of what once was, The Herald’s silver metal name plate is now fastened above the craft-beer section at the Whole Foods.

GSJ6HG7ULICFS4IHT2PRIFI76U.jpg

Photo credit, Boston Globe.

A view from the roof of 7ink.

That billboard feels like it’s photobombing every shot except for the backside.

They should install a selfie frame on the back of the billboard and pitch the units to the Instagram set.

They should install a selfie frame on the back of the billboard and pitch the units to the Instagram set.

More like a giant green screen so you could easily make it appear like anything/anywhere was right outside your window. I bet they could actually charge more, rather than less, for the units if they did that.

Back