A Complete and Geographically Accurate Boston MBTA Subway Track Map

Van,

Your map is a masterpiece, as are all the items you've produced.

The only things I see missing are two abandoned/buried portals:

1- Maverick Square in East Boston

2- The Orange Line Pleasant Street portal just southwest of the Green Line Pleasant Street portal that you show. I actually saw that one when I was a kid, probably around 1959. It was used to exit Orange Line cars from/to the Green Line Tremont Street tunnel in the early 1900's.

Thank you for the outstanding map.

Thanks for this!

Although the issue with the Pleasant St Portal is that the whole area has been redeveloped so I am only showing what I think is still there.

Last edited:
Ok y'all, I listened to the critizism of the map and I went back and added the commuter rail, trackless trolleys, and a myriad of other fixes (all things I should have done in the first place really). Let me know what you think:

Links to PDF

There are just a few more things that need fixing....no, just kidding!

It looks great and complete.

Thanks again!

Ok y'all, I listened to the critizism of the map and I went back and added the commuter rail, trackless trolleys, and a myriad of other fixes (all things I should have done in the first place really). Let me know what you think:

Wonderful, of course! If you're inclined to keep editing, it might be nice to put GLX on there...

A few more tweaks needed on the Silver Line surface route. There are places where it shows two lines but it's really only traveling in one direction. When it leaves Silver Line Way and takes a right to make it's loop around onto the highway, that should only be one line, right? Same when it's coming off the highway going inbound, it should only be one line from the offramp turning right and along the route to Silver Line Way. Also, I believe the loop at the end of the surface route at Dry Dock Ave should only have one line, since it loops in one direction, not both. Same with the terminals at Logan. It's a one-way loop, not a two-way loop.

I plan on adding the GLX once construction really gets going.

As for the Silver Line I haven't really figured out how I want to show it which is really because I don't want to have street running buses on there. Until I find a more elegant solution I'm just going to keep it how it is.

Back