A University in a Small City

(Merritt Parkway is the prettiest highway in the US IMO).

I agree, that and Interstate 24 though the Smoky Mountains in Tennessee. Occasional southern trash along the way, but some amazing vistas. Also, I can't remember if it's 80 through PA, or maybe it was somewhere in NJ or NY; but there is one really unbelievable section of highway, driving through a gorge of sorts. Somewhere between 80 and the Merritt. Maybe near the Tappan Zee. I can't remember, oh well.

And I'll have to read Rich Harvard, Poor Harvard when I have more time.

Also, I can't remember if it's 80 through PA, or maybe it was somewhere in NJ or NY; but there is one really unbelievable section of highway, driving through a gorge of sorts. Somewhere between 80 and the Merritt. Maybe near the Tappan Zee. I can't remember, oh well.

You may be thinking I-80 through the Delaware Gap on the PA/NJ border.

CT-8 around Waterbury is great and has nice mountainous scenery, I-395 is also great but less so.

0548.jpg

Now here is the miracle: Bunshaft must have visited Ravenna, for the marble is translucent!!!

0550.jpg

[/i]

What in Ravenna are referring to?

All the 6th Century churches and Theodoric's tomb have marble windows in place of glass. Tenebrous.

I've been to New Haven recently. It's not that bad of a place. I recomend going to their italian neighborhood. The North End blows it out of the water, but Frank Pepe's is a real good pizzia place. Supposedly the first or one of the first in America, but thats debatable. As far as crime goes. It had 13 murders in 2007 pop 124, Flint MI (same pop but declining) had 30 in 07 but 55 in 06. Boston allways seems to be in the 60's. Boston and New Haven seem to be on the same page as far as violence goes. But clearly there is far worse spots in America.

Back