ACKS | 399 Binney Str. | East Cambridge

With the 'deal' they made with the neighbors and, with that enormous underbelly, i'm wondering if they shouldn't have added a few thousand extra parking spaces. :) ....a place to put your car where they solve fusion.

Think it’s going to throw a shadow on those houses.🙀

As someone who knows what can come out of those stacks, scrubbed or not, I would be a little worried what was coming out those stacks that are only a few stories off the ground if I was in a neighboring house.

As someone who knows what can come out of those stacks, scrubbed or not, I would be a little worried what was coming out those stacks that are only a few stories off the ground if I was in a neighboring house.

Those are "strobic fans" the stuff coming out of them is shot up in a column by design. These types of things are often modeled to assure that there is no re-entrainment into other buildings systems.

Having said that ... I never liked working at the top of a building in Kendall Square looking down the barrel of many of those strobic fans. No matter how much care I know is taken.

cca

Last edited:
These types of things are often modeled to assure that there is no re-infotainment
cca

Haha I think you mean re-entrainment. Auto-correct nails the best of us.

Back