Alexandra Hotel Renovation | 1769 Washington St | Roxbury

Re: Alexandra Hotel Renovation | 1769 Washington St | South End

My feeling on this is same for most of these things. It's better than letting it rot, which was probably the only other alternative.

I love this. I'd expect some opposition from some of the neighboring brownstones though.

Wow this would be great.

Could be worse (right, it was). My only regret is that the exposed party wall on the front might look skanky, all in the interest of creating a specimen effect for the old hotel building.

what would be acceptable?

if you dont provide the curb use, then the bus lane will be used even more often (ie, it would be all pick up/drop offs not just when somebody double parks).

Mass Ave sidewalk is too narrow and also not the address of the building so any gps situation will be taking the cars to Washington St.

what would be acceptable?

if you dont provide the curb use, then the bus lane will be used even more often (ie, it would be all pick up/drop offs not just when somebody double parks).

Mass Ave sidewalk is too narrow and also not the address of the building so any gps situation will be taking the cars to Washington St.

Forcing all curb use around the corner is a perfectly fine solution. Camera to immediately ticket anyone who tries otherwise.

Also, the curb radius is way too wide as vehicles turning onto the street from Mass Ave are turning onto the second lane.

Forcing all curb use around the corner is a perfectly fine solution. Camera to immediately ticket anyone who tries otherwise.

Also, the curb radius is way too wide as vehicles turning onto the street from Mass Ave are turning onto the second lane.

Unfortunately camera ticketing isn't possible, but, otherwise seems reasonable.

Unfortunately camera ticketing isn't possible, but, otherwise seems reasonable.

Everything is possible if your mayor is good

Everything is possible if your mayor is good

It isn't possibly due to the State - apparently the thought is that they are unconstitutional under the State's constitution.

It isn't possibly due to the State - apparently the thought is that they are unconstitutional under the State's constitution.

A Bloomberg-style mayor wouldnt let stupid things like that stop him

This is absolutely wonderful.

Back