Allston-Brighton Infill and Small Developments

It's a peculiar victorian landscraper embedded in a vast structure built of shipping containers. But somehow it works

I think there would have been a return on profit immediately if the developer spent $ putting those utilities on Harvester underground. I wonder if there was an attempt?

Not sure how I feel about clear-cutting a wooded lot for this...

Would rather see this go on the cracked pavement lot on Washington Street.

If those trees were old growth it'd be a different story but the lot is simply neglected. This 1938 aerial shows buildings there that were gone by the '50s

51163143587_5c8e174d17_c.jpg

Not sure how I feel about clear-cutting a wooded lot for this...

Would rather see this go on the cracked pavement lot on Washington Street.

Yeah I am shocked the lot on Washington has sat like that for so long. Looking at the LOI, it does look like they've scaled back the size, so maybe that means they will keep some of the greenery.

LOI to replace Santander Bank at 30 Birmingham Parkway. I believe that's the last lot on that streetwall?

:cry:

I've always had a big soft spot for the existing building here, as one of Boston's only examples of Googie architecture. My fantasy was that it could one day be converted to a great 50's-themed outdoor beer garden/burger spot, something a la the Verb Hotel. I suppose 99 units of housing has to win out though.

LOI to replace Santander Bank at 30 Birmingham Parkway. I believe that's the last lot on that streetwall?

State Police have a branch just south of this site.
:cry:

I've always had a big soft spot for the existing building here, as one of Boston's only examples of Googie architecture. My fantasy was that it could one day be converted to a great 50's-themed outdoor beer garden/burger spot, something a la the Verb Hotel. I suppose 99 units of housing has to win out though.
Totally agree. Love this little gem.

State Police have a branch just south of this site.

Totally agree. Love this little gem.

Me too, and there are various praises of it posted throughout the history of this thread.

Maybe they could salvage part of the iconic folded-plate roof to make an awning/entryway overhang for the new building to preserve this bit of local history.

Last edited:
IMG_7212 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_7215 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_7217 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_7218 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_7220 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_7226 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_7255 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_7260 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_7227 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_7229 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
IMG_7230 by Bos Beeline, on Flickr