Allston LabWorks | 250, 280 and 305 Western Avenue | Allston

That last image looks like a mix of 10 Farnsworth and NU's West Village (orangey terracotta or brick)

Spot on, especially the Farnsworth comparison. And the tallest portion, above the orange part, looks a hell of a lot like the Ferdinand Building in Nubian Square.

BCDC:

I liked the old 305 Western design, but the new one is still the best of the three they're proposing.

View attachment 15234
View attachment 15235
View attachment 15236
View attachment 15237

I think this is one of the most interesting lab buildings we've seen recently. Usually my personal preference is for simple design but this has done a pretty successful job of breaking down the visual mass of a large building.

Was that the Breakfast Club that got torn down? Shame.

Construction kicks off at $915M mixed-use project in Allston
1666203877744.jpeg

https://www.bizjournals.com/boston/...tion-kicks-off-at-915m-mixed-use-project.html

Are there multiple buildings under construction here? Or is it phased? Seems like the most recent BCDC was focused on 305 Western but the website only provides an opening date for 250. Is 250 Western Ave a ~billion dollar lab building?

Are there multiple buildings under construction here? Or is it phased? Seems like the most recent BCDC was focused on 305 Western but the website only provides an opening date for 250. Is 250 Western Ave a ~billion dollar lab building?
I also went by the site yesterday and it appeared that the major portion of the foundation work is on the 250 side of the site. The big pile of dirt is on the very eastern (300) side. However it looks like some of the foundation work is taking place on the western part of the 300 side. I think we may have a situation like with the Foundation Med project in the Seaport where they build the garage portion for both buildings first. The major foundation focus is definitely on the 250 side, so I expect it to rise first. I hope this helps.

Back