Allston Square | 372 Cambridge St | Allston

The Crappening is strong with this one, it's gotten worse with every iteration. They are doing a very good job of killing most of the originality and quirkiness of the first proposal and dumbing it down to "contextual" status as much as possible. At this rate they will soon reach "looks like it's always been there" banality.

Eh, disagree. The first iteration had the beautiful building at 348 Cambridge St torn down and replaced with a flat looking copy. Many including myself complained, and the developer apparently listened. In this iteration they've embraced a little historicism and increased the massing. If anything I think it will make the area feel even more urban.

Whether the revised buildings look cheap or not will come down to execution. Either way this is one that I would love to see get started ASAP.

The Crappening is strong with this one, it's gotten worse with every iteration. They are doing a very good job of killing most of the originality and quirkiness of the first proposal and dumbing it down to "contextual" status as much as possible. At this rate they will soon reach "looks like it's always been there" banality.
Only place where revisions are less parking and more housing.

BPDA approved. 344 new units (244 condos + 100 rentals), 12 artist live/work spaces, 15K+ sq. ft. new retail space

1573770903298.png

As a resident of the area and someone who commutes through this intersection on foot, bus, and bike regularly, I can't wait to see how this transforms the neighborhood. Currently, it's a dilapidated, yet heavily-trafficked area characterized by abandoned buildings along with a small amount of retail. This project -- in conjunction with the two other Cambridge St projects nearby, one under construction and one pending review -- could be transformative for the area.

BPDA approved. 344 new units (244 condos + 100 rentals), 12 artist live/work spaces, 15K+ sq. ft. new retail space

View attachment 1263

Very nice. Hopefully, 7 stories will become routine. Max wood (5 + 1) or 7 should be the bare minimum in every neighborhood.

Wow, I had to Google map that to orient myself. But as @#bancars said, this is an area with a lot of low-rise industrial. I am dating myself, but there was a Jack something or other auto parts place and a stained glass store on that corner. Otherwise, deadsville.

This is a great addition to the area, hopefully extending the lively part of Harvard Ave. out to the MA Pike.

Were finally starting to get a lot of high density low rise developments starting to take off. Hopefully its just getting started and theres an explosion. Still waiting for dot block but theres quite a few large projects u/c or approved like newton u/c and readville approved.

wait this area looks so cool. That regina pizza looks like an old train station and they have a replica train it looks like as an entrance maybe? who's taking me?

wait this area looks so cool. That regina pizza looks like an old train station and they have a replica train it looks like as an entrance maybe? who's taking me?

The Regina's is in an old train depot. The pizza isn't great, but you can sit right by the window and watch Worcester Line trains go by. They rattle the whole building; it's kinda cool.

Back