IMG_2416.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 170
  • IMG_2417.JPG
    IMG_2417.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 176
  • IMG_2418.JPG
    IMG_2418.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 199
I'm very excited to see the full project completed and this whole area (along with Boston Landing) built out 5-10 years from now. But it's such a big bummer how this area doesn't have any rapid/frequent transit access!

I'm very excited to see the full project completed and this whole area (along with Boston Landing) built out 5-10 years from now. But it's such a big bummer how this area doesn't have any rapid/frequent transit access!
The presence of Boston Landing without Regional Rail schedules seems like a huge missed opportunity. Hopefully that will change and give the area a frequent and reliable service to downtown.

It's disappointing that the MBTA bus network redesign isn't doing much here. As I recall, New Balance had to do their own traffic counts to convince the MBTA that more trains should stop at the station. But with more residential and particularly the new grocery store better bus service seems important

It's disappointing that the MBTA bus network redesign isn't doing much here.
This! Plus the BNRD is truncating the 86 crosstown connection - from Sullivan cut back to Harvard.

Disconnects Allston from Union Sq (somerville) - two of the faster growing parts of the city each with more development in the pipeline.

I lived at 24 Everett St for a couple of years around 2013-2015, and in the general area from then until 2020. Our Apartment had great views of the new New Balance HQ being built over the old warehouses that used to go down Guest Street, and I remember when these plans were first proposed. It's kind of surreal to see them happen, and for this part of Allston to try to clean itself up (as much as can be done when you're a block away from the Model)

If that sign doesn't hinge down somehow, it's very strangely placed on the ceiling...
To make it weirder, it’s not actually a stop and shop sign. It has the stop and shop logo dots but says “Allston Yards.” I think it’s an odd interior design choice.

Back