Allston Yards (Stop and Shop) | 60 Everett St | Allston

The transition from Allston Yards to Boston Landing has a couple of awkward spots. I wonder if there’s any way to fix them.

1) the dead-ending of the Braintree St. extension right next to the Kiss n ride looks like they should connect. I’m guessing this is to avoid through traffic. I don’t know if there’s anything to be done but it looks odd.

2) every time I walk through Boston landing there are cars double parked on the bike lanes. It’s a shame that there doesn’t appear to be space for the protected bike lanes like the ones in Allston Yards.

Hopefully this is an example for many more strip mall style grocery stores to follow like the city target in fenway was.
After Fenway Star and Washington Square Whole Foods, the next priorities would be the Union Square Target and potentially the Newmarket Stop and Shop depending on other development in the South Bay Center area. In the medium-term, the East Somerville Stop and Shop will probably also go this way as well.

Further out, I'd love to see denser rethinks on the Newtonville Star and Whole Foods and the Waltham Center Hannaford (there are others as well, but those are in the densest areas).

And of course there's the need to build new grocery stores in multi-use developments in underserved (Black) neighborhoods.

After Fenway Star and Washington Square Whole Foods, the next priorities would be the Union Square Target and potentially the Newmarket Stop and Shop depending on other development in the South Bay Center area. In the medium-term, the East Somerville Stop and Shop will probably also go this way as well.

Further out, I'd love to see denser rethinks on the Newtonville Star and Whole Foods and the Waltham Center Hannaford (there are others as well, but those are in the densest areas).

And of course there's the need to build new grocery stores in multi-use developments in underserved (Black) neighborhoods.
This type of buildout could be great for the rest of the South Bay center. Target and Stop and Shop clearly coexist nearby under apartments. Home Depot does in NYC

Back