Amazon HQ2 RFP

Status
Not open for further replies.
My whole point is why wasn't the Amazon proposal more geared towards the downtown area instead of Revere.

People are flaming you because all of your points have been addressed in this thread multiple times.

You are making up criteria that go against what Amazon has publicly stated.

So either you are wrong, or Amazon is wrong.

Who in their right mind would believe
Amazon is better off in Revere over Boston.

The answer to this question is: Amazon.

Amazon asked for 100 acres, with public transit access, a single owner, no environmental or permitting hurdles, within 30 miles of a city center, and within 45 minutes drive of an international airport.

That is what they asked for. The downtown locations that you are yammering on and on and on and on about DON'T MEET THOSE CRITERIA. Why can't you understand that? You are disagreeing with Amazon about what Amazon wants. Don't you think that is a pretty foolish thing to do?

Suffolk Downs is one of maybe 5 or 6 locations in the entire country that checks every single box on Amazon's wish list. It is almost certainly the best parcel in the entire country that checks all the boxes. Boston would be foolish NOT to propose Suffolk Downs. Boston was smart to ALSO mention all the other wonderful parcels we have, including downtown, but putting Suffolk Downs first was absolutely the right thing to do.

You are just plain wrong on this issue. There is nothing to argue about.

The answer to this question is: Amazon.

Amazon asked for 100 acres, with public transit access, a single owner, no environmental or permitting hurdles, within 30 miles of a city center, and within 45 minutes drive of an international airport.

That is what they asked for. The downtown locations that you are yammering on and on and on and on about DON'T MEET THOSE CRITERIA. Why can't you understand that? You are disagreeing with Amazon about what Amazon wants. Don't you think that is a pretty foolish thing to do?

Suffolk Downs is one of maybe 5 or 6 locations in the entire country that checks every single box on Amazon's wish list. It is almost certainly the best parcel in the entire country that checks all the boxes. Boston would be foolish NOT to propose Suffolk Downs. Boston was smart to ALSO mention all the other wonderful parcels we have, including downtown, but putting Suffolk Downs first was absolutely the right thing to do.

You are just plain wrong on this issue. There is nothing to argue about.

My point is Amazon located in Revere is not good the Public transit scenario in that area. That is why I'm arguing.

Why not have multiple proposals for Amazon in Downtown, Revere and other locations? Why just Revere?

My point is Amazon located in Revere is not good the Public transit scenario in that area. That is why I'm arguing.

Why not have multiple proposals for Amazon in Downtown, Revere and other locations? Why just Revere?

The majority of the site is in Boston. A portion is in Revere. So what?

Boston DID offer multiple sites. Did you even read the Boston proposal? Did you?

Here is a link to the Boston proposal. Read it and quit wasting your breath.

Id rather people just agree to let it rest for a bit vs closing it because we saw with the Winthrop Square tower thread that once news comes back up getting the thread re-opened is very hard to do for some reason and now theres a random post-close thread for that development thats a tad different than before enough to differentiate it and keep it open making now multiple threads and each one having important info that now isn't all in the same thread that the news for that tower is going into. Lets just agree to let this fade away for a while until some more real factual information comes up vs having to go thru the hassle of reopening this later leading to a mess of...well is the news important enough to reopen the thread, people having to post in places asking to open it, being denied, asking again later somewhere else, another Amazon thread popping up to post "not important enough to reopen but important enough to post somewhere-information"...etc because this is a very important thread. I think its important that this stays open so lets all just let it simmer for a bit. Cool?

edit: Thats a retorical question at the end lol don't need 5 posts saying yes or no to it lets just stop posting here for a bit for the good of the forum, thanks.

I laugh that a few voicing valid criticisms of Boston's process, no matter how imperfect the posts somehow validates that a discussion thread has become too toxic to persist.

What a soft polis we have become. We have that glass patio thread that still hasn't been merged with the DTX general discussion thread. And the world is still breathing.

btw i have never mentioned the Olympics in one of my posts, or would include Boston's fail attempt to host the 2024 Olympiad as any validation for its disfunction. Boston is disfunctional all on its own, without taking on the Olympic garbage.

Last edited:
I laugh that a few voicing valid criticisms of Boston's process, no matter how imperfect the posts somehow validates that a discussion thread has become too toxic to persist.

Your histrionic posts which repeatedly ignore any sort of well-thought response or counter argument are 90% of the problem, IMO.

If the counter argument was completely valid -- every city but 3 or 4 are disqualified.

Orandomdiana....seriously. I try to make a plea to keep the thread open for the benefit of everybody that uses this site and you immediately jump in to post some off topic bullcrap that nobody cares about and has nothing to do with the thread. Honestly theres probably even a lot of people who dont even see what Im talking about because so many people have blocked you, Im not sure why I havent. Thanks for showing the utmost respect to me, the forum, and fellow posters as you usually so unnessecarily do not do. Can we now STOP posting here for a bit to keep the thread open.... All thats going to happen is it gets closed when it didnt have to if people could just relax. This thread is important, lets please stop flying off topic and keep it open for the benefit of the forum. So dont post anymore under here unless there is news about the development unless you want to be the reason its gone. Thank you part 2.

Last edited:
Close the THREAD because its becoming toxic. Why because I make valid points.

Why wasn't their multiple proposals for Amazon including the above Garages that undeveloped in the core of the city and the Suffolk Downs Revere site?

The Revere Site proposal is bad for the overall public due to traffic scenario Boston currently faces. Amazon belongs in the core of the city.

At least present them options 100Acres or 1.5Million square foot skyscraper in the core of the city.

WHO's RUNNING THIS BULLSHIT Proposal system.
GE Gets tax breaks on Prime property.
Liberty Mutual Gets tax breaks on Prime property
Millennium group group gets tax breaks on prime property as they ignore one of their towers currently collapsing infront of our eyes in San Fran. No accountability.
Vertex/Fallon group gets tax breaks on prime property
Bad DEALS for the Public Taxpayer in my opinion giving away PRIME property to corporations.

^ wasnt rifleman supposed to be banned... Its not that hard, dont click reply. This thread has turned into a crack pipe for all the usual people who ruin threads. Stop posting for a little bit until theres news. Thanks part 3.

....Stop posting for a little bit until theres news......

Please follow this mantra next time before reviving threads such as South Station Tower, Winthrop Square Garage, and MassDOT Pike Parcels without any news. Your renders are nice but they have all been posted before (and in the case of the 3rd one, it's just Photobucket's "FU" message anyway, so not even a visible render). Thanks.

I am legitimately happy to host an in-person group discussion among Arch Bostonians to do a group read/discussion of the Amazon HQ2 RFP and the City of Boston's Amazon HQ2 RFP Response. Obviously it's ripe for discussion and something on many of our minds, but also I realize it's been a while since we've had an in-person meet-and-greet, and I'm kind of anxious to discuss our concerns together.

Anybody available tonight or tomorrow night? Name your venue--first round of drinks is on me (***but only if TheRifleman and odurandina show up!).

Did anyone ever post the Massachusetts' HQ2 proposal: Massachusetts HQ2 Proposal

I think between the State, City of Boston and Somerville's proposals all the potential locations were all pretty much covered and now it is just up to Amazon to debate the merits internally and follow-up on anything they find promising. Either Boston has what Amazon is looking for or not. Either way hopefully they will continue to expand around here.

And all this public effort can be used to attract other companies, large and small, to move to these promising locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back