Amazon Office Tower I | 111 Harbor Way (Seaport Square Parcel L4) | Seaport

Jahvon09

Reaction score
Southie is almost like Washington, DC. Construction of buildings everywhere!! Hah!! :)

Last edited:

found5dollar

Reaction score
Anyone know what this art(?) is supposed to represent? The throat of a whale?
I don't know this as a fact, but it sure looks alot like it was made by the artist 1010. They do these kind of layered murals.

xec

Reaction score
Have never heard of them before but it sure does look like their work. Thanks.

Jahvon09

Reaction score
It DOES. There's quite a lot of 10-to 12-stoy buildings being built there. Go online & do some research, please. :)

Last edited:

ctsketch

Reaction score
DC was all a buzz with construction last time I was there, especially near union

jl326

Reaction score
It DOES. There's quite a lot o 10-to 12-stoy buildings being built there. Go online & do some research, please. :)
To clarify, I just simply meant that calling this “Southie” doesn’t sound right to me. I’m well aware of the development over the past 10+ yrs. I’m also aware it’s officially referred to as South Boston Waterfront, but I don’t think anyone really says “hey meet me at Empire or Envoy in Southie,” for example.

bdurden

Reaction score
DC was all a buzz with construction last time I was there, especially near union
And the Wharf & Navy Yard areas -- DC's "South Boston Waterfront" if you will. If comparing, I think DC is the clear winner in creating a modern and engaging public realm.

Java King

Reaction score
10/17 Part 1 The Building

IMG_5062 by David Z, on Flickr
In my opinion, this design turned out so much better than the similar themed building on Pier 4 that is just behind the condos. That building on Pier 4 has almost the same geometry, but the all glass design of that building doesn't have the same design impact as this new Amazon building. I much prefer the windows on this Amazon building with the black frames.