Ames Building Hotel

I'm glad this project is back on track. I feel bad for the Newbury Comics store that's nearly impossible to see behind all of that scaffolding and contruction barrier. I don't know how they stay in business.

They are having a clearance sale right now on DVDs and CDs and moving to the east end of Quincy's North Market Building soon.

Toby took the "red eye" out of Prestwick, but is locked out of his flat.

L1090138-1.jpg

Time to look into one of those nice new hotels one reads about!

L1090323.jpg

Some have said the basset originated in Normandy. Perhaps the Ames House would be Toby friendly.

L1090329.jpg

Toby likes a hotel that takes cleanliness seriously!

L1090335.jpg

Let's go to reception and see if there are any suites available.

L1090339.jpg

"I say! Sir! Excuse me sir! Could you quote me a room rate!"

L1090338-1.jpg

"Porter! Porter! Please take my bags to a room!"
Service here is seriously wanting. Let's go upstairs and have a word with management.

L1090340.jpg

"Hello! Hello! Hello?" This style is more doghouse than bauhaus.

L1090342.jpg

I'm leaving. Toby is more a Copley Plaza type, not one of the trend setters who must stay here.

Who knows where that basset will travel next...thanks for the pics.

Sorry to resurrect a dead post, but does anyone know what is going on with this project? A month ago, they had huge cranes up on the weekend, presumably doing HVAC installation. The past couple of times I've been by, it has been VERY quiet, and dosn't even look like anything has changed. Is Normandy/Morgan still working on this project?

They've been working on it doggedly, you might say. They've been up on the roof.

To keep with the canine theme of this thread, maybe you should have said "they've been up on the woof!"

Ahhh, I'm wayyyy too bored at work.

I remember them already trying to wash the sandstone and granite and they did a good job at the base but the rest of the tower still looks very worn...are they going to try and polish it up a bit more or is that the best they can do?

To get the deep stains out they'd have to apply poultice and let it sit under a protective wrapper for several days. In the colder windy weather that wasn't really possible. Depending on the budget it still might not happen.

Back