Another 1,000' tower plan may be in the works

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Vault was more of an Ed Logue, Mayor Collins 60's kind of thing.

Ned's still here and while he's been expanding Fidelity in lots of places both near and a Fer-piece from here abouts

Fidelity is still the Big Kid on the block {P.O. Square} in Boston

Westy

PS: celebrating my 2nd century of posts to the forum

It's only a matter of time before Fidelity is snapped up by an out of state company like everything else homegrown in Boston.

It's only a matter of time before Fidelity is snapped up by an out of state company like everything else homegrown in Boston.

Or some oil baron in Dubai.

Boston isn't even on Gulfi investors' radar screens.

If it were we'd be going to tea at the Jumeirah rather than the Taj.

Nope, it's much more lucrative for Dubai investors to invest in Dubai. There are however tons if Indian companies looking to buy up American firms due to the weakness of the dollar and the growing economy over there. You've seen it on a large scale with Taj Hotels' ever expanding presence, and TATA's acquisition of Jaguar from Ford. It's happening at a higher rate for smaller companies too. In fact, many Indian companies are hiring the same American consultants who helped U.S. firms buy up Indian companies to do the reverse over here.

Last edited:
Fidelity is a privately held company making it a difficult hostile takeover target. When and if it goes public or the owners want to sell then it may go away. It might go public by buying a bank already listed on the stock exchange and that might make it big enough to be too expensive for a takeover, at least for awhile.

+1
This is the same guy who has the double identity of "Bostonbred." He's a clown.

I apologize for keeping this going, but JAK is a valued member of this forum.

But sometimes makes bizarre (self-admitted) medicine or alcohol-induced posts.

Yes, there's no doubt John is a great contributor to the forum...with that said, wtf? He resurrected this and (semi) resurrected the TNP thread with nothing posts which are really just trying to get people excited and then totally let down haha.

? I have the double identity of BostonBred? That's not me.

Yes, Ambien is my friend.

The posts come up because they refer to things relevant to today. The combining of threads is a constant request here, plus you see that I was creating a list of tall Boston buildings so that's why I was reading about this. I write about real estate, of course, so it's part of my research.

I know more than you do, so what's the problem?

When it is officially confirmed that we'll be getting a 1,000-foot tower, the renderings & plans confirmed and ground has been broken for the building, then and ONLY then will I believe it.

Otherwise, it is just wishful thinking! I'm not going to get my hopes up, only to be let down again. :eek:

I miss JimboJones..... but, aside from that. Keep up the good work JAK.

The posts come up because they refer to things relevant to today. The combining of threads is a constant request here, plus you see that I was creating a list of tall Boston buildings so that's why I was reading about this. I write about real estate, of course, so it's part of my research.

Fair enough. I figured you were bored. You did resurrect an 8 year old thread to ask a question that someone had already answered, and then ask for a decade-old thread to be combined with a current thread. Can you see why I may have thought you were messing around with us?

I know more than you do, so what's the problem?

You know more about your profession than those who casually follow development on this website...congratulations?

Oh, and "Great photo, dude!" are useful posts???

It's just a way of showing appreciation to those who contribute a lot of time & post good photos. If I posted "Great photo dude!" on a thread for a potentially major project that was 7 years dead, I'd expect a few tomatoes and boos slung my way. My posts towards you weren't meant to be venomous...just joshin around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back