Apple Store Thread ][

Me so happy ...

I can't believe it! It actually got torn down???

Saints alive.

Yesterday, only the building's facade remained standing. As of this morning its gone. I apologize that I don't have a photo.

Ahh thanks for the heads up. I'll try to get down there in a little bit.

The Apple Store in New York - the vast majority of which is underground - was recently named the 52nd "best loved" building in a poll of the America Institute of Architects.

apple_store_01.jpg

does anybody with decent knowledge of construction practices know if they would be reusing that concrete mat?

img2051ko2.jpg

img2052ha5.jpg

Interesting!

Interesting - how did that graffiti get on that wall in the second photo? Did it pre-date the building next door?

Re: Interesting!

JimboJones said:
Interesting - how did that graffiti get on that wall in the second photo? Did it pre-date the building next door?

No, it was freshly added. If you notice in the earlier pictures it's not there, but in the latter pictures it is.

Why???

Why is this still an empty lot????

Christmas 2008 is getting closer and closer by the day ...

Although not much visually has changed here (or at the Clarendon either), they are working on it.

img3429pn1.jpg

img3430dp4.jpg

Thanks for all the updated pics, kz. I'm looking forward to seeing how this Apple Store will look.

6/22:

img5352ut7.jpg

And today:

img5992fu2.jpg

Unless you've been living under a rock for the last few months, then you're undoubtedly aware that at 6 PM today, June 29th 2007, the new iPhones went on sale. Here's some documentation of what Apple does to people:

2:28 this afternoon, and four people are outside the AT&T outlet on Washington St, across from School St

img6042dz8.jpg

by 5:35 the line extended off to infinity

img6102me8.jpg

Same thing with the store at Washington and Bromfield

img6126cf6.jpg

6:01, and the doors are open! WHOOP-DE-FRIGGIN-DOOOOOOOOO! THIS IS THE GREATEST THING EVER I'LL SELL ONE ON EBAY FOR $2 MILLION YIPPE KI YAY MOTHAFUCKA! :roll:

img6130yf1.jpg

yeah lol. I would bet my house that there is a new one right in time for xmas.

vanshnookenraggen said:
LOL @ people buying first generation Apple products! :lol:

With one choice of carrier and three service plans, all over sixty bucks a month! Count me in! I know I want to be eighteenth on my block with one!

Back