Apple Store Thread ][

Finally the foundation got built, it took forever. It's been 6 months since they demolished it and they just built the foundation. This is going to take years IMO. And I like this project, a little modern variety to the Boylston street streetscape won't hurt (just not too much modern buildings, or it will wreck the historic look. I would say max 1 modern building per block).

Webcam update:

image.jpg

They're finally building the basement and I hope they'll get above ground soon. On the back right, they're building an elevator shaft for the temporary construction elevator and installing rebar everywhere else.

Look, they're already building the first floor:

image2.jpg

The last two weeks' progress has been very fast. Probably making up for the snail's pace of the last 8 months.

Look at how fast it is going! This store is going to look good.

Wow, that is amazing that they already did that in 4 days! I love seeing projects move fast! I just wish the major Boston projects would do this, cause it is a pain in the ass looking at a big square hole in the ground for 6 months when a building should be there instead!

You guys, this project is no different from any other.. just because the early construction stuff isn't as visually exciting as steel erection doesn't mean the workers are going any slower.

Um, I may be wrong...but the foundation/demolition work took around 6 months. The framing has taken what, a week? Maybe the workers aren't moving faster, but either the framing is real easy, or they just hired mroe hands.

It took them a long time to dewater the plot after demolition, so that's why it took forever to get this far. And yes, I think they hired more people for the framing. With the webcam, you can see around 8 people at a time at the site while they're working this week while they usually had 3 before.

A lot of redundancy (a LOT) in those photos, but it's good to see what's going on. Does anyone think this will be finished in time for Christmas?

To all AB forumers, I know I've been slacking in my "duties" to you all lately, but once my move is finished things will be back to normal. (I hate moving!!)

don worry about it kz. and yeah, those pics are redundant. and what is that wannabe apple store? for a second i thought it was hempest...

It is rising pretty fast, and I think it will be finished just around Christmas.

Also, it is no problem kz! I miss your pictures though! They kept me so up to date on how the new construction around Boston was looking. But I can't wait until your duties are back. When you are free again, Take a bunch of pictures if you can, especially of the big projects like 45 Province and The Clarendon and Two Financial Center, and whatever else! Good luck with the rest of your move

The wannabe apple store is Tech Superpowers, on Newbury street right across the alley from the apple store construction. They host the webcam and say on the webcam blog they don't expect to lose customers. But 2 mac stores right next to each other, ones gonna lose, and it's the little guy, tech superpowers.

That store is on Newbury Street, not Beacon. Beacon is entirely residential in this part of Back Bay.

There is definitely a place on Newbury St. for a Burton store.

This sign was placed on the Boylston Street frontage of the Apple Store site yesterday... Looks like Xmas 2007 isn't going to happen.

iPhone142.jpg

Back