Apple Store Thread ][

^ Let me know when you'll be in.. we'll have to meet up somewhere.

^Thanks for the photos, Barbaric. This is like those sites with the "accidental" Britney Spears crotch shots except this is nice to look at.

Back faux-stone facade going up quickly!:

image-4.jpg

Oooooh...that's not a pretty view of what should be a very nice building! Thanks for the shot BarbaricManchurian.

It's a back view, from the back of another computer store on Newbury Street. Nobody expects the rear of Back Bay buildings to look good, since they face out onto service alleys.

yeah i know, i'm just saying that the people who see the back are missing out on what should be a great appearance for the rest of the building.

True, but nobody ever uses these alleys except residents who are parking there or taking out the garbage.

Yesterday construction crews began refinishing the sidewalk in front of the store's entrance. This morning it appears they are using small (maybe 4"x4") granite tiles. Yesterday they replaced the curb as well. - The tiles aren't exactly consistent with the rest of Boylston St sidewalk (although they maybe the same as those in front of the Fidelity building), however perhaps the small tiles won't crack like the larger ones further down the street.
I suppose one would assume if they are working on the sidewalk, the construction is nearly complete (duh), and the grand opening can't be far away.

walked by there today, peeked in today, still looks a ways from getting done. the sidewalk is all messed up. FYI somebody should just walk right thru the front plastic freezer type doors and snap off some pics if y'all that interested it looked to me to be pretty easy. this was at about 430 445

I've consistently asked Apple Store employees from Cambridgeside and even applied for a job @ the new Boyleston store, and there's not even a hint about when the store is going to open. Last week, I walked by and noticed large glass panels being lifted to the roof of the building by crane, so I can only assume there's at least a couple months left before they open. IT'S SO NERVE-WRECKING!

Yeah, the lead singer in my band works at Cambridgeside, and he says Apple is completely keeping its employees in the dark as to anything going on here.

I've consistently asked Apple Store employees from Cambridgeside and even applied for a job @ the new Boyleston store, and there's not even a hint about when the store is going to open. Last week, I walked by and noticed large glass panels being lifted to the roof of the building by crane, so I can only assume there's at least a couple months left before they open. IT'S SO NERVE-WRECKING!

Just in time for the new and slightly improved iPhone release for Christmas (or whatever big thing they have planned . . . as you may be able to tell, im not much of an Apple junkie. Got myself an iPod, I like it, but I'd probably be perfectly content with anything that holds my modest collection of 2,000 songs -- mostly BSO -- and plays them back in my ears. But I digress)

Back cladding for the Apple Store has been completed. Hopefully they'll smooth out the noticeable gaps between the panels.

image-5.jpg

The front of the Apple Store has been painted green, probably to show their "local" flair (green monster). You can see an Apple logo and "Apple Store, coming soon" painted on the plywood front:

2439884634_ddba986c10_o.jpg

iPhone148.jpg

Good call on the 'monster' theme. Now that they've removed more of the scaffolding, you can see that they've really gone for the Fenway theme with the and the scoreboardesque lettering.
It also says (although its hard to see in the picture) ""opening day coming soon"
Sorry for the lousy photo, i was dodging traffic and construction workers...

You wouldn't think there is that big over of an overlap between the jock crowd and the Apple crowd.

Who knew?

You can't go wrong in Boston with a Red Sox theme, no matter what you're advertising. And this one is subtle rather than blatant. I need to go see this before it comes down.

You wouldn't think there is that big over of an overlap between the jock crowd and the Apple crowd.

Who knew?

The funny thing is, I believe Cosmo magazine said that one of the best places to meet guys is at the Apple Store.

Back