Archboston Meetup, Friday Oct. 19th, 6:30 p.m. - ?

I ended up getting a terrible headache this evening so I wasn't able to come down. Hope everyone had a great time.

Concur, Ron.

Great to meet to folks in any event. Let's do this more frequently going forward.

It was a good turnout. There was lots of interesting conversation, but wish there could have been more. Next time we do this it will be at place more conducive to conversation.

I had a great time. I got to catch up with old friends, meet a lot of new interesting people, rub elbows with a budding rock star (who also had interesting things to say) and shake the hand of the legendary Ron Newman (who had interesting things to say as well). It was a good night.

Awesome night guys. Definitely agree with Ron and Briv though, need somewhere without pounding music next time, haha. I'm told Folley's is pretty quiet on weeknights though, so perhaps just a change of day might be good.

Was awesome to meet every single one of you. Great discussions, wish it was easier to here and talk more.

I think we had:
Briv
Beton Brut
Ron Newman
Ant8904
Commuter Guy
kz1000ps
Matthew
Hutchinson
and of course, myself!

I'm not missing anyone from that, right? Hope not.

PS: I forgot to say the Dshoost8 is in Washington DC right now and he wished he could have made it. He wanted me to say "Hi" for him.

Yeah, I just got back to town. Wish I could've joined you--I always enjoy putting names to faces. At least I have something ripe for discussion when I attend the next archboston meet-up.

This morning my flight arrived to Logan at 8:00am sharp. My goal was to take the T to my apartment in Allston/Brookline near the Griggs Rd. T stop (B line).
8:05. Take the Logan shuttle to the Airport Station (blue line). Nice new shuttle busses, btw.
8:10. Pay $2 at Airport T & ride blue line inbound to Govt Cntr.
8:25. Get off blue at MAVERICK to take shuttle bus to Govt Cntr.
8:45. Arrive at Govt Cntr, forced to pay $2 AGAIN to transfer to B-line.
8:55. Get on B-line train.
9:10. Get off B-line train at PARK STREET because train is parked on standby. Get on C-line train at Park.
9:20. Get off C-line train at Coolidge Corner, start walking a mile north to my apartment.
9:25. Still walking up Harvard Ave, wondering if it's worth $4 and 90 minutes of my time to travel somewhere a taxi could've gotten me in 12 minutes for $25.

Yeah, I just got back to town. Wish I could've joined you--I always enjoy putting names to faces. At least I have something ripe for discussion when I attend the next archboston meet-up.

This morning my flight arrived to Logan at 8:00am sharp. My goal was to take the T to my apartment in Allston/Brookline near the Griggs Rd. T stop (B line).
8:05. Take the Logan shuttle to the Airport Station (blue line). Nice new shuttle busses, btw.
8:10. Pay $2 at Airport T & ride blue line inbound to Govt Cntr.
8:25. Get off blue at MAVERICK to take shuttle bus to Govt Cntr.
8:45. Arrive at Govt Cntr, forced to pay $2 AGAIN to transfer to B-line.
8:55. Get on B-line train.
9:10. Get off B-line train at PARK STREET because train is parked on standby. Get on C-line train at Park.
9:20. Get off C-line train at Coolidge Corner, start walking a mile north to my apartment.
9:25. Still walking up Harvard Ave, wondering if it's worth $4 and 90 minutes of my time to travel somewhere a taxi could've gotten me in 12 minutes for $25.

Well, time is money, right?

For the sake of argument, let's say every hour you spend in transit is $15 you're not earning - or, about $0.25 per minute. So, if you spend $25, you can earn money for the 78 minutes of time you weren't spending in transit. At $0.25 a minute, that's $19.50, which comes out of your $25 investment - you're down $5.50.

Or, if you take the T for $4, you earn $0 for all the time spent in transit... you're down $4, but that means you're still $1.50 ahead of the taxi option.

The T, therefore, is the more economical decision!

However, if you earn more than $0.27 a minute ($16.20 an hour), then the taxi is the better decision. If you only spent $2 on the subway, you'd need to earn at least $0.30 per minute ($18 per hour) to make taking the taxi the right call.

Isn't math fun?

With the 'tunnel toll' can you get from Logan to Harvard Ave for $25?

Well I'm not sure if the taxi ride could've been made for under $25, but I could've certainly bribed a friend to pick me up from the airport for $25.

Back