Assembly Row Development | Assembly Square | Somerville

Vagabond

Reaction score
Retail Thread? Nah - this is a critical development expansion...

"Shake Shack, Yakitori Totto Coming To Assembly Row
The burger chain and an Anthony Bourdain-endorsed Japanese restaurant have signed leases at the shopping and dining complex."

I am curious about the 2020Q2 earnings call though on Thurs - rent collection must be brutal.

Last edited:

DZH22

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the residential that just topped off is 275' and is Somerville's new tallest building. How many years until Somerville passes this?

I'm going to guess 3, with my eye on that 300'(+?) red tower in Union Square.

DZH22

Reaction score
Any link/info on that project? Is there a page on here for it?

Also, look at the last 2 pics on this post.

cjbski

Reaction score
nice proportions....

not ANOTHER shake shack :cautious:
Shake Shack is magical. Also, there still aren't a TON of quick-serve places to get food at Assembly. Lots of sit-down spots, but not much in the way of quick when you're there shopping. It will perform extraordinarily well there.

kjdonovan

Reaction score
Shake Shack is magical. Also, there still aren't a TON of quick-serve places to get food at Assembly. Lots of sit-down spots, but not much in the way of quick when you're there shopping. It will perform extraordinarily well there.
fills the hole left by Burger Dive's closure.

BosDevelop

Reaction score
Magical might be a bit much, LOL. But in the fast casual burger category Shake Shack is easily better than Five Guys, Smashburger, Mooya etc. In my mind, the only local entry in this category that can stack up is Uburger. I miss their downtown location!

Bananarama

Reaction score
Magical might be a bit much, LOL. But in the fast casual burger category Shake Shack is easily better than Five Guys, Smashburger, Mooya etc. In my mind, the only local entry in this category that can stack up is Uburger. I miss their downtown location!
Five Guys is delicious, you shut your mouth.

I would've liked a more local place to go in like Tasty Burger.