Assembly Row Development | Assembly Square | Somerville

George_Apley

Not a Brahmin
Staff member
Reaction score
It's funny, I live in Somerville and most of the people I know have kinda forgotten about Assembly. Maybe that's a covid thing but I think it was trending that way anyway.
I do think it's a success for what it is tho.
Can vouch. I haven't been to Assembly since Feb or March. Outta sight, outta mind.

Equilibria

Reaction score
It's funny, I live in Somerville and most of the people I know have kinda forgotten about Assembly. Maybe that's a covid thing but I think it was trending that way anyway. I do think it's a success for what it is tho.
That'll be case until I-93 is made permeable. FWIW, the time I went to Trader Joe's there a few weeks ago, both it and the Xfinity store had lines well down the sidewalk, so someone thinks of it.

Ruairi

Reaction score
That'll be case until I-93 is made permeable. FWIW, the time I went to Trader Joe's there a few weeks ago, both it and the Xfinity store had lines well down the sidewalk, so someone thinks of it.
yea, they definitely do, I just think they are mainly car oriented people from north of Assembly and not ped/bike/transit from any other direction.
on a totally different note... why are people lining up for the xfinity store? Is their service any better in person? One bucket of your crappiest internet please!

Equilibria

Reaction score
yea, they definitely do, I just think they are mainly car oriented people from north of Assembly and not ped/bike/transit from any other direction.
on a totally different note... why are people lining up for the xfinity store? Is their service any better in person? One bucket of your crappiest internet please!
FWIW, I've actually had good experiences at Xfinity stores with getting/turning in equipment and working through billing problems. It's harder for them to put you on hold in person :).

Vagabond

Reaction score
Went running by, and looks like the lower level interiors of Block 8 and the balconies are being assembled. I think original filings had a 1Q2021 opening expected, any word on naming or preleasing dates yet?

While it always appears busy enough from visitors to my eyes, I'm sure adding 500 more units with local residents (working from home) would help bolster this neighborhood with local cash.