Avalon North Station | Nashua Street Residences | West End

castevens

Reaction score
This building has been approved by the city of Boston, but I do not know when it will be going under construction. with a height of 414 feet, they would be in the top 30 highest buildings in Boston. It will be 37 stories tall

For images, go to http://www.kondylis.com/ , click on projects, and find Nashua Street Residences

RE:

This could look quite nice if the curved fins at the top come out how the ones on 33 Arch Street were supposed to be (i.e. more defined). Thank God it's not another red brick homage.

Here are a few more detailed renderings;

usanashua03lg6hb.jpg

usanashua02lg8xi.jpg

usanashua01lg3ye.jpg

Will this mean tearing down the Last Tenement, on Lowell Street?

It looks likes the top is similar to that of the SST. Maybe this will get lit as well.

Why is there a reflection of the Zakim Leonard Bridge? What angle is the rendering taken from?

Why is that car going up a ramp rather than down?

The garage for the new residences is above ground I believe. But also the ramp serves as the entrance for vehicles to the Garden floor. It is called the "elephant ramp".

Ron Newman said:
Will this mean tearing down the Last Tenement, on Lowell Street?

It shouldn`t, this is a parking lot right now. I noticed they changed the streets in that area recently.

The rendering shows the building filling the entire area between the O'Neill building, the edge of North Station, and Lowell Street. That means the Lone Tenement will indeed be demolished :

LoneTenementFront.jpg

Above1.jpg

It looks like the LT is beyond the O'Neill building though ^

Can anyone tell me what the situation is with those two pink towers? I always thought that those were the NSR and the tower red above was the North Station Tower. But apparently it's the other way around. Are plans to build them still on the table, or were they lost in the neverending abyss of the permitting process?

No the red tower is the NST. The two pink towers are the NSR. I had the position of the NST wrong too but I googled earth to try to see where it is. Looks like the NSR are going to be around 500ft which is good news. I think whoever is working emporis should change the approve Nashua Street Residence to North Station Tower. People are getting confused on which one is which. I believe that the NSR is still proposed and the NST is approved.

I believe all three buildings are virtually gauranteed to be permitted in some form since they were part of a land swap deal for the Big Dig. Probably the biggest problems will be lack of money and vision by the owners of the land (I think its the Jacobs family and Deleware North Inc., who own the Garden, the Bruins and a large concessions business).

I don't think you're correct, DarkFenX. The Nashua Street Residences are in red and already approved. The pink buildings, on the empty Causeway Street lot where the Old Garden once stood, aren't even in a proposal stage yet.

The Big Dig is still doing construction to realign the connection between Lowell and Nashua Streets. It's still not clear to me how this realignment relates to the Nashua Street Residences site.

Hmmm now that I look at the street nam I think you right Ron. I always thought however that the NSR is the one with 2 or more towers.

I think that this building will perfectly compliment the Garden and the O'Neil building. We can call them "The Mighty Triumverate of Blandness."

I actually like it. At least it's not brick or that dumb facade that seems to be increasingly popular in these 400-500 footers popping up (see Hartford).

I'd prefer the top have some sort of crown or arch, but...it's Boston we take what we can get.

^ some goods points here.

Boston needs housing more than a landmark building BUT (big but) this is the building that for now will be most visible when entering the city from the Zakim Bridge and the new parks along the Charles so I was kinda hoping for something more.

btw- I was out on the boat Friday and it is amazing how the Zakim creates the illusion of twisting and turning as you move across the harbor.

Back