Best Proposed Development

Status
Not open for further replies.

briv

Reaction score
All members are encouraged to nominate an active proposal for a site in the Boston area not under construction that they believe could make the biggest positive impact on the built environment. (A proposal cannot win two years in a row)

Previous winners:

2011:
Simon's Copley Residential Tower

2010:
Christian Science Center Towers

2009:
Green Line Extension into Sommerville/ Medford

Congress Street Garage Redevelopment

Do the Fenway Pike redevelopment or Millennium Filene's projects still count as proposals at this point?

Other than that, maybe the Cape Cod rail extension?

I think Millennium Filene's would because it's a new developer. Hell, I'll throw my hat in for that one.

Do the Fenway Pike redevelopment or Millennium Filene's projects still count as proposals at this point?

Other than that, maybe the Cape Cod rail extension?

Millennium's takeover of Filenes was new in 2012, so I'd say the new taller(!), thinner(!) proposal definitely counts!

*Edgar Allen Poe statue/ park
*St Paul's Cathedral Nautilus Pediment

6-Story Boutique Hotel overlooking Fort Point Channel

I love that none of these Best Proposed Developments are under construction going back to 2008.

Northeastern University's New IMP

I second this. 3 Million Square feet of proposed development, including a half dozen towers more than 18-22 stories tall, landmark architecture for engineering/science complex, a rehab of Parker Playground, AND additional acreage of green space? This is going to be fantastic!

My vote is still with Millennium Tower, but I think 1325 Boylston/Boylston West with City Target deserves a nomination.

Charles River Skate Park
Samuels/Weiner DOT Parcel 12-15 (Mass. Ave + Boylston)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back