Bin Laden Dead

tobyjug

Reaction score
Hope they bury him in a bacon casket.

Bit of history here: Hitler was pronounced dead on May 1, 1945. Yom HaShoah (Holocaust Remembrance Day) also fell on May 1 this year.

So does this move Whitey back up to the top of the FBI's Most Wanted list?

Andy Hiller (WHDH) was joking about that last night on the phone (it sounded like they dragged the poor guy outta bed). If we can find Osama, we might just find Whitey.

Hope they bury him in a bacon casket.

In a similar vein, I may have preferred to incorporate the deceased into the buffet at the Arkansas piggery you referenced some months ago. It seems a fitting end for him.

Revenge-fantasies aside, I wonder who's minding the shop now that Osama bin Wasted. Is it Ayman al-Zawahiri, or someone else form middle-management. I imagine his colleagues are a bit pissed off at the moment...

Althought the credit for this kill should go to the soliders who did it first and foremost. I don't see any way how this dosn't look good for Obama in terms of politics he can play off it. And the more I read into, the more impressed I am with the planning by Obama in carrying it out and making the somewhat gutsy call. He would not want to screw up there by having the soliders killed or captured and I believe the helicopter did stall or something. It could have turned into a Bay of Pigs type mishape. Instead no soliders hurt, Osama dead, and no colateral damage. Truely as surgical as deadly attacks can be.

When you combine it with the inteligence found at the compound, and the exposure of Pakistan, it did a great deal in reshaping things. The fight is far from over, but it was a victory by any standards.

Whomever was president would have made the same call. The lack of humility from the Executive Office for the miniscule role of rubber stamping an operation is annoying, but typical of all politicians in executive positions. The intelligence and SOF operators are the real men of steel in this type of situation and deserve all the credit.

^^ Pretty much agree, but in addition that, he accomplished what he went out to do. He did a good job on that, thats all I'm really saying. Terrorism will still be here tomorrow, but IMO this puts more closure on 9/11. Well that and it's now going on 10 years old and Freedom Tower is starting to go up.

Unless of course the 2008 Republican nominee had won the election. You just can't help yourself, huh?

McLame would have done the same thing. Likely with more humility given his background. Hilary's speech and tone on the matter was more appropriate than her boss'.

Finding out desk driving do nothings in command and worse the hacks in politburo committees were taking credit for operations, which got friends of mine killed around me, instilled quite a distaste for bombastic statements following 'successes'.

All the "fog of war" ass clowning by spokesmen who have to backtrack about "human shields", etc. is proof enough of the truth of Lurker's comments. They should just let the deed speak for itself, and otherwise shut up. (and release photos asap.)

Agreed! As I've always said:
It's not a war crime when we do it.
Only the other guys.
Also it's ok anyways 'cuz they'd totally do the same thing, and who are we to pretend we are any better than they are?
Plus, this guy was, like, really, really bad, so it's cool.

Again I agree that the primarily the credit should go to the troops and intelligence officials. But if this mission ended up going badly, how much blame would you have put on Obama. If you would blame him if it was a failure then you should give him some credit if it goes well.

I give him credit for OK'ing it, if he was the one who actually did. I remember hearing that Clinton backed out of taking down Osama a few times, what a bum.

Bin Laden and Generalissimo Franco are still dead.

Back