Bloomingdale's Expansion in Boston

NJBostonFan

Reaction score
All of us know that Bloomingdale's has only one location in Boston, at Chestnut Hill. Nordstrom and Lord & Taylor, both of which who are Bloomingdale's competitors, have 4 locations in the area, with Lord & Taylor having a location in the Back Bay. I've heard of Bloomingdale's proposing a store at Downtown Crossing in the past and I also read that they were looking at opening a location in North Shore Mall. If Bloomingdale's was to expand in Boston, where would be good locations for a store? Think Natick Mall is too close to Chestnut Hill.

If they were smart, they'd recognize the trend of monied people moving to the city center and locate there. They could pick up midday business from nearby offices, too.

So, where can they locate in Boston? Waterfront? Downtown? Back Bay? Could they take two Bloomingdale's there? When I mean 2 Bloomingdale's, I mean 1 full-line store, and 1 store modeled on the Bloomingdale's in SoHo.

I also read this news.I think that if they choose a proper place for their business it will be a great opportunity for them to expand their business. sell house quickly

Damnit, I got all excited because I thought something was happening, but it's just spam. Womp womp.

Back