Boston in Art

I found this photo of a painting being done back in the early 1990s of the (now demolished) Causeway Street Green Line elevated at North Station. Recently I worked on restoring it. I don't know who the artist of the original was. Here is the original painting on an easel taken in a photo in the 1990s:

51740574010_0eba05f34c_w.jpg

Here is the image restored by me using MS Paint:

51849218582_59e0b16141_o.jpg

Last edited:
I was doing some drawings using MS Paint and MS Photos tonight and came up with this unexpectedly Boston-like image, an abstract take on an aerial view of Boston. That's me, lover of abstract art and surrealistic poems.

51747981088_224184d239_b.jpg

Last edited:
Doodling around with MS Paint and MS Photo, and came up with this psychedelicized map of Boston. Fun stuff.

51768613354_6d63f9e9b3_z.jpg

Last edited:
The Inner Belt and SW Expressway would have totally hosed Roxbury. I can only imagine the health effects alone, let alone all the other impacts including increased asthma among children, the noise, the pollution, the severing of neighborhoods. Something like this would never be built in Brookline or Belmont, but Roxbury was open to be pillaged. Thank God the people fought back.

Speaking of the Inner Belt, here are some renderings of the last official proposal, before the entire project was finally cancelled by Governor Sargent in 1970. The renders make the expressway appear very artful and neighborhood friendly, with crowds of people milling about the expressways environs. Yeah....right.

51866280881_b254a88521_b.jpg

51866280831_8495eafe33_b.jpg

The Inner Belt and SW Expressway would have totally hosed Roxbury. I can only imagine the health effects alone, let alone all the other impacts including increased asthma among children, the noise, the pollution, the severing of neighborhoods. Something like this would never be built in Brookline or Belmont, but Roxbury was open to be pillaged. Thank God the people fought back.
The Pike was built through Newton.

Back