Contact Name: Casey Hines
Contact Email Address: Casey.A.Hines@Boston.gov
Contact Phone: 617.918.4244
Type: Public Meeting
1st Floor Conference Room
20 Guest Street
Brighton, MA 02135

Description:
Two modifications to the Boston Landing Project are being requested: (i) the Amended and Restated Development Plan for the Sports Facility Project for PDA No. 87 contains approximately 4.03 acres of land area located on the south side of Guest Street. The Amended and Restated Development Plan describes one building, of up to 275,000 sf of Floor Area, Gross, and up to 95 ft in Building Height, which may contain Office Use, Clinic Use Research and Development Use, Studio Production Use, Facility of Public Assembly Use and Sports Uses such as locker rooms, concessions, fitness, yoga studio, track and field, basketball, volleyball, lacrosse, soccer, baseball, and tennis, parking, loading, Retail Uses, Restaurant Uses and/or Service Uses, and (ii) The Fourth Amendment to Master Plan for PDA No. 87 seeks to add approximately 12,715 sf of land area on the westerly side of Arthur Street to the overall Master Plan for Boston Landing bringing the development site to approximately 15.48 acres.

http://www.bostonredevelopmentautho...07/20/pda-no-87-boston-landing-public-meeting

CKXQxD2VEAATQJU.png:large

https://twitter.com/BostonRedevelop/status/623164247552299008

Re: New Brighton Landing | New Balance Complex | Brighton

I am now even more confused based on Bee Line's latest pics as to where the rink/arena is going.

The rink hasn't broken ground yet and is not in any of BeeLine's photos.

This photo is of the office complex going in between the current NB headquarters and the new HQ building (aka the Cruise Ship). The arena and sports complex will be built immediately across the street on the lower right of the photo.

I am now even more confused based on Bee Line's latest pics as to where the rink/arena is going.
In the last picture you can see the floor level of the arena very clearly. The little yellow box sits on it. Under the arena floor are two or three levels of garage.

The rink hasn't broken ground yet and is not in any of BeeLine's photos.

This photo is of the office complex going in between the current NB headquarters and the new HQ building (aka the Cruise Ship). The arena and sports complex will be built immediately across the street on the lower right of the photo.
dshoot88, the Warrior Arena (Bruins practice arena) and the sports complex are two different animals. The Warrior Arena is under construction and is to the left of the photo where the yellow box is located. The sports complex as shown in datas last posting (#621) is going to be across the street on the lower right of the photo as you said.

In the last picture you can see the floor level of the arena very clearly. The little yellow box sits on it. Under the arena floor are two or three levels of garage.

ahhh. So the arena is 3 or so floors above ground? Makes sense now.

dshoot88, the Warrior Arena (Bruins practice arena) and the sports complex are two different animals. The Warrior Arena is under construction and is to the left of the photo where the yellow box is located. The sports complex as shown in datas last posting (#621) is going to be across the street on the lower right of the photo as you said.

No. They are the same animal. The ice rink will be in the basement/pit of the sports complex building, and the running track will be on a higher floor of it. The yellow box you're referring to will in fact sit atop a multilevel parking structure and retail, but there are going to be offices and a roof garden there--not the Bruins hockey rink.

7330565178_ff90a5d4ef_z.jpg

I'm currently at a park right now and posting from my phone, but when I'm at my computer I will try to screenshot the PDA images and floor plans that explain it. I went to the planning and approval meetings for this, and as far as I know the arena will still be at the sports complex... All 350,000 square feet of it.

The plans changed when the Bruins signed on board. As of last December the Bruins rink will be located next to the new NB headquarters building, fronting the highway with an office portion behind it.

xdWtZpR.jpg

WTF?!

Okay, I stand corrected. Sorry BeeLine, and thank you JumboBuc. My next big question, then: will the sports complex still feature an ice arena/rink(s)?

Two modifications to the Boston Landing Project are being requested: (i) the Amended and Restated Development Plan for the Sports Facility Project for PDA No. 87 contains approximately 4.03 acres of land area located on the south side of Guest Street. The Amended and Restated Development Plan describes one building, of up to 275,000 sf of Floor Area, Gross, and up to 95 ft in Building Height, which may contain Office Use, Clinic Use Research and Development Use, Studio Production Use, Facility of Public Assembly Use and Sports Uses such as locker rooms, concessions, fitness, yoga studio, track and field, basketball, volleyball, lacrosse, soccer, baseball, and tennis, parking, loading, Retail Uses, Restaurant Uses and/or Service Uses, and (ii) The Fourth Amendment to Master Plan for PDA No. 87 seeks to add approximately 12,715 sf of land area on the westerly side of Arthur Street to the overall Master Plan for Boston Landing bringing the development site to approximately 15.48 acres.

Doesn't sound like it.

With all these arena's would the Celtics maybe want to get a practice facility in there also?

Also gotta think this would be attractive to the local sports media to put some sort of tv/radio studio in. Currently CBS radio (98.5 sportshub) is right around the corner, and they film "Felger and Mazz" in the studio.

The Cs in Brighton? I'm down. I can only imagine how traffic will change after this is all open.

Everyone who reads this thread heard boat noises right?

And the roof of the rink looks like a wave. So that just proves that its not a SHOE ... its a BOAT. Carnival Cruise Lines watch out.

cca

Cruise ship-shaped athletic shoes or 'shoe-shaped' cruise ships?

New Station.
Two Keolis trucks and a small earth mover on site. I looks like they have been removing old rails that lead into the Stop & Shops back parking lot. Not a lot of action yet.

https://flic.kr/p/xm1SrA

What Amtrak line runs on these rails?

Back