Boston Landing | New Balance Complex | Brighton

I like that the hole is filling in... but another uneven stack of books?!?
I like it . I see it less as an uneven stack of books and more of a modern take on 'wedding cake' steps backs. If this building were taller and kept this rhythm up the building I am sure it would have a very pleasing silhouette. As it is, its still a big improvement over an unarticulated slab. I am also generally a fan of the contrasting color. The jury is out if its a good façade material and color choice, we will see what it looks like installed, but I am happy to see an effort to contrast the sea of white and gray materials nearby.

Generally speaking, I absolutely am against landscrapers, but i always kinda liked the NB HQ. Something about it conveys motion. Also, when i was staying at this Hilton in Frankfurt, I was like, "Hey! it's NB's sibling!"

Very tangential, but the landscaper cake for me is this building and noise barrier combo outside or Utrecht in the Netherlands. Apparently they like this approach so much there is another, smaller, one just up the road.

1664202521031.png

1664202802228.png

I like it . I see it less as an uneven stack of books and more of a modern take on 'wedding cake' steps backs. If this building were taller and kept this rhythm up the building I am sure it would have a very pleasing silhouette. As it is, its still a big improvement over an unarticulated slab. I am also generally a fan of the contrasting color. The jury is out if its a good façade material and color choice, we will see what it looks like installed, but I am happy to see an effort to contrast the sea of white and gray materials nearby.

I don't think it looks very much like the BU Building at all, actually. I think it's more of an orange Mass Mutual.

Brighton’s TRACK Overtakes Roxbury’s Reggie for Boston’s Grand Prix
RLTAC-MSTCA-D2-Relays-cropped-Womens-Relay-03-copy-1024x824.jpg

Boston is hosting the world’s top track and field tour this week for New Balance’s Indoor Grand Prix. For its first 24 years, the elite pro event was held at the Reggie Lewis Track and Athletic Center. But that run is over, never to return to Roxbury.

The 2023 edition of the games is being held at New Balance’s year-old facility in Brighton — at “The TRACK,” an indoor multi-million-dollar sports arena.

After a mid-pandemic relocation to a different New Balance venue in New York, the homecoming will instead showcase the company’s Boston Landing development built around its TRACK.

https://www.baystatebanner.com/2023...takes-roxburys-reggie-for-bostons-grand-prix/

Brighton’s TRACK Overtakes Roxbury’s Reggie for Boston’s Grand Prix
RLTAC-MSTCA-D2-Relays-cropped-Womens-Relay-03-copy-1024x824.jpg

Boston is hosting the world’s top track and field tour this week for New Balance’s Indoor Grand Prix. For its first 24 years, the elite pro event was held at the Reggie Lewis Track and Athletic Center. But that run is over, never to return to Roxbury.

The 2023 edition of the games is being held at New Balance’s year-old facility in Brighton — at “The TRACK,” an indoor multi-million-dollar sports arena.

After a mid-pandemic relocation to a different New Balance venue in New York, the homecoming will instead showcase the company’s Boston Landing development built around its TRACK.

https://www.baystatebanner.com/2023...takes-roxburys-reggie-for-bostons-grand-prix/

A world record was set there yesterday afternoon by Femke Bol of the Netherlands. Of course, I'm more interested in the parts of the video showing the crowd and the vistas through the massive windows, architecture, etc.

Her voice at the end was extremely unexpected. It doesn't get much higher pitched than that in the human hearing range.

Her voice at the end was extremely unexpected. It doesn't get much higher pitched than that in the human hearing range.

Yeah, I too thought that her voice was crazy high, but after seeing the below post-meet interview, it seems that she was merely out of breath right after the race.

Yeah, I too thought that her voice was crazy high, but after seeing the below post-meet interview, it seems that she was merely out of breath right after the race.

Wow, leave a tender moment alone...:p What a great facility. These women are not messing around when it comes to being topnotch runners.

It's supposed to look vaguely like a running shoe, which fits with it being the New Balance headquarters. But I agree, it always makes me think of a cruise ship.
I saw it about last year from afar in a slightly industrial/commercial part of allston and it just gave me dystopian vibes haha.

A world record was set there yesterday afternoon by Femke Bol of the Netherlands. Of course, I'm more interested in the parts of the video showing the crowd and the vistas through the massive windows, architecture, etc.

C'mon, New Balance, throw up some K-rails and catchfencing in there and let's run some TQ midgets.

^^^This might end up being the most dominant building in the complex, especially with the hotel tower chopped down.

View attachment 34822
I wonder if developers deliberately add more floors to their project than they want to build. Knowing that the city/NIMBY's will chop off floors no matter what the proposed height.

Back