Boston Landing | New Balance Complex | Brighton

Technically not Boston Landing, but a big shoe to drop:

This is the warehouse directly to the south of the parking garage. Should get its own thread once we get a PNF.

Called this back in March! Tracking the real estate market, labor trends, and transportation infrastructure investment really brings a degree of predictability to what’s next for our built environment. Fasten your seatbelts for A LOT more lab/research space, and continued momentum for luxury residential construction in more communities, and a focus on greater outdoor space activation.

Also, this project reads as if it will definitely merit it’s own thread. Very exciting to watch the spillover from Boston Landing to other parcels.

…I think the Life Street intersection at N. Beacon Street can (and should) absorb the dozen parking spaces at CORT Furniture Clearance Center to give a seamless one-way southbound trip through to Etna Street. Based on the development patterns happening in the neighborhood, the furniture showroom's , car dealership(s)', and other light industrial businesses' days along N. Beacon Street are numbered anyway…

RIP to the Sound Museum. Spent dozens of hours there practicing and performing music. There's no way I can say I'm surprised but this is a LOT of rehearsal space that artists are losing.

51536920521_5eed791c55_b.jpg

I’m a little disappointed by the NPC for the Hotel at Boston landing. The proposal is about half as tall is its allowed to be. I would have liked it to have been as tall as the lantera next door. In my experience Allston-Brighton can use all the hotel space we can get.

I’m a little disappointed by the NPC for the Hotel at Boston landing. The proposal is about half as tall is its allowed to be. I would have liked it to have been as tall as the lantera next door. In my experience Allston-Brighton can use all the hotel space we can get.

I'd have just waited to see if the market could recover before building something this sad, but I guess they have events at the athletics center that need it.

1635776797900.png

They're building the maximum number of rooms allowed.....
Yeah, I noticed that after posting 😒 though I still think between the Lantera and Allston Yard (Stop and Shop redevelopment) it’s going to seem stubby.

Back