Boston Landing | New Balance Complex | Brighton

They really chose a desaturated palette for the whole development. It needs a pop of color.

This sucks. It wouldn't have cost that much more to do something even a little interesting with the paneling like the King Open School across the river.

BCDC for 60 Guest: https://bpda.app.box.com/s/9fyedotb2y8zv690nw0b98y821ush4l7

Changes here all seem to be for the best.

1638390835401.png
1638390867633.png

1638390933208.png

Changes here all seem to be for the best.

While I agree it is better, sometimes I really feel like the BCDC justifies its existence by providing some kind of change for _every_ project. The difference between earlier proposals in the context of facing the Pike are not worth the burden of telling the developer to go revise the design. It just adds more cost to the project and drives up costs which impact the future tenants.

Such a feather in Boston's cap to have this incredible sports complex! The Track and Field Center along with the Celtic's and Bruin's training facilities not only benefit the pros, but also, and especially, the local kids who have the opportunity to have court, track, and ice time here. I gotta say, architecture aside (I, personally have no complaints about though I'd love to see some incredible track and field murals splashed on some of the Track blank walls), this is one damn badass complex that benefits the city in so many ways! Thanks NB for sticking with Boston and building such an amazing sports center here!

When I went back to verify, I found most references to the venue describing it as “separate from” or “adjacent to” the track. I was definitely doubting myself until I found the plans.

I love walking through and watching the developments at Boston Landing, but it definitely has an *empty downtown* feeling. This may be because of the pandemic, winter, construction, or the particular times I’m there, but I wonder if the track facility (with the venue) will bring guest street to life.

Overall it looks great. Very minor thing but the signage seems a little small and plain for the building. It would seem like not a bad place for something a little more vibrant like an LED screen - maybe a smaller version of what's on the WGBH building.

When I went back to verify, I found most references to the venue describing it as “separate from” or “adjacent to” the track. I was definitely doubting myself until I found the plans.

I love walking through and watching the developments at Boston Landing, but it definitely has an *empty downtown* feeling. This may be because of the pandemic, winter, construction, or the particular times I’m there, but I wonder if the track facility (with the venue) will bring guest street to life.

There's alot of residential beginning to fill in around that area - - - there will be many thousands more living within a few football fields within 2-3 years. So much residential is going up on North Beacon Street and Cambridge Street. That will have a great effect. There is also these:

Last edited:
Looks like the design for 60 Guest Street is evolving...
www.sga-arch.com/projects/60-guest-street/

1644519319471.png

There's no getting around the fact that every building has an ass. This building chose to moon the Turnpike.

I guess I can understand and appreciate that they are saving the ground activation areas for the other three sides where the pedestrians will actually be (and which look great at ground level per the other renders) , but I'm kinda sad that the loading dock stuff is what the travelers on the Pike will be looking at.

View attachment 21260

There's no getting around the fact that every building has an ass. This building chose to moon the Turnpike.

I guess I can understand and appreciate that they are saving the ground activation areas for the other three sides where the pedestrians will actually be (and which look great at ground level per the other renders) , but I'm kinda sad that the loading dock stuff is what the travelers on the Pike will be looking at.
I couldn't give a hoot what drivers on the Pike look at. They should be given a blank wall. Hell, this entire stretch of the Pike should be buried, or demolished altogether.

Orienting the building this way is the correct decision for the people who will actually use the building. I think it looks great.

I couldn't give a hoot what drivers on the Pike look at. They should be given a blank wall. Hell, this entire stretch of the Pike should be buried, or demolished altogether.

Orienting the building this way is the correct decision for the people who will actually use the building. I think it looks great.

Hence the words in perfectly clear English " I guess I can understand and appreciate that...."

Back