Boutique Hotel at 88 North Washington St | Bulfinch Triangle | West End

They havent been posted and the first one older or not shows more detail of what the facade will look like than any of the other renders before. Doesnt matter if its older if the design hasnt changed. The first one is the “highest quality” render that weve seen the rest are those pastel mass models. That first one at least gives a much better idea of what its gonna look like vs the mass models. Whats so bad about posting it? Look at all the other threads here 99% are filled with bickering bullshit n I post a render n people still complain lol. Oh well AB gonna AB.

Last edited:
They havent been posted and the first one older or not shows more detail of what the facade will look like than any of the other renders before. Doesnt matter if its older if the design hasnt changed. The first one is the “highest quality” render that weve seen the rest are those pastel mass models. That first one at least gives a much better idea of what its gonna look like vs the mass models. Whats so bad about posting it? Look at all the other threads here 99% are filled with bickering bullshit n I post a render n people still complain lol. Oh well AB gonna AB.

The first one looks like a garbage render straight from Revit and I highly doubt it's "new."

I said its older... but not posted here. It shows more detail than the other ones thats why I posted it. Sorry everyone that I offended you, lets move on.

This parcel is up for auction April 5-7, starting bid $1 MM. Apparently the current developer doesn't see any other better way forward.

88-86-N-Washington-St-Boston-MA-Project-Rendering-1-LargeHighDefinition.jpg

The lot is 2,190 square feet. Trying to squeeze too much into too little space.

Yeah, I really liked getting to check out Ward 8 here this summer, but woof, it was impossible to have a quiet conversation at my table because of the traffic on North Washington and something about this corner made it uncomfortably windy the day we went.

I'd also love to see the hotel concept fill in the block here.

I had totally forgotten what it looked like before Ward 8 took over the building in the corner... Valenti Way - Google Maps (This Street View was taken this past summer and shows what is pictured in Vagabond's post 66 N Washington St - Google Maps )

This parcel is up for auction April 5-7, starting bid $1 MM. Apparently the current developer doesn't see any other better way forward.

88-86-N-Washington-St-Boston-MA-Project-Rendering-1-LargeHighDefinition.jpg

Good'ish news?: The property auction is over, with the winning bid being $2.9 million:

Per BLDUP: "LIMAC Realty, LLC sold 88 North Washington Street to 88 NOWA, LLC, and West End Acquisition, LLC for $2,935,500 in a deal brokered by Ten-X. The property was marketed by Cushman & Wakefield."

I don't know what we can expect next, but hopefully this will move the project forward.

Judging from the small parking lot, I'd say that the floor plans look very small. But it just might work. :)

Project change approved today by the BPDA. Same height, taller floors so 12 floors. Narrower building overall, and larger rooms. Some unique sustainability features too, which netted them some grants.
1631570702068.png

1631570743149.png

1631570783319.png

1631570819849.png

Lastly their example of similar height timber buildings. Not to be too dark but I'd be really curious how these buildings fare in serious fires compared to concrete/steel...
1631570996742.png

In a city starved for housing this would've been another great area to build more apartments or condos. Still can't believe developers are trying to build hotels given the current demand for hotel space in Boston is at an all time low.

Back