Boylston West @ Fenway Triangle (Van Ness) | 1325 Boylston Street | Fenway

Huh, didnt even know that was there. I obviously dont spend a lot of time in longwood

I don't think Star is always more expensive. It's only certain items. I tend to shop around.

For example, Pretzel Chips have an "everyday low price" tag and are $3.99 at Stop and Shop meanwhile $3.99 is the max cost that the manufacturer suggests. What a joke. They're $3.29 at Star and $2.69 at Market Basket.

Hello! Those splashes of Target red do so much to tie this corner together. Without it it was looking a little too 50 shades of gray.

Wow. So this isn't an apartment building with parking; it's parking with an apartment building.

From the BRA's agenda for tonight.

"Request authorization to issue a Certificate of Completion for 1325 Boylston Street consisting of office and retail uses with 150 residential units and 575 parking spaces."

Lots of parking over here makes sense because of Fenway Park.

The point building under construction will also not have parking but will have access to Trilogy parking. So this means parking for Fenway events will spill more into Van Ness building. Plus the parking was attractive to Target going in and to the large office space that's to be filled.

Sorry for waking this thread from its slumber. Took some detail photos of the development and wanted to share them somewhere relevant:

RGB LED accent lighting on Van Ness Street:

DigitalSciGuy Sorry for waking this thread from its slumber. Took some detail photos of the development and wanted to share them somewhere relevant: /QUOTE said:
Please, no apologies for your posting, Digital! I love the pictures and love seeing how new projects eventually fit into a neighborhood. This whole area of Boylston is amazing. I know there's a lot of distain for landscrapers but they sure work well here and Trilogy's success was the beginning of this area's transformation.

Please, no apologies for your posting, Digital!

+1
There's a lot to be said for having some "post completion" photos that show the retail build-out, signage, trees-that-are-more-than-sticks, etc. I think most developments don't look "real" until several months after the construction equipment goes away.

(Even in your photos above, it appears there's still some retail build-out that's not yet complete. Excited to see what that looks like in due time too).

Thanks guys! I finally figured out a workflow that works for doing quick uploads and allows me to share pics I've taking already on my own.

I definitely don't like landscapers, but it's mainly the often unvarying height that makes landscapers so unsightly. This does a good enough job of playing with the massing to make it look like multiple buildings unified by a single podium. It's not the greatest execution (can't recall another project specifically that does this well), but it's good enough

I think the bigger contribution will be the street wall it continues from Trilogy with the podium and Samuels' penchant for filing in street retail with narrow stalls to create an interesting and varied street — what recent developments in Bullfinch Triangle and Seaport are failing to do.

^^ Yes I love pics like this, once in almost full swing, good time choice as well, dusk.

according to BBJ, Office space is fully leased.

Globe: Decibel Therapeutics is moving to the Fenway

Boston Globe said:
Biotech is spilling into the Fenway.

Year-old startup Decibel Therapeutics Inc. plans to open a headquarters with lab space early next year in the Van Ness project at 1325 Boylston St., becoming the first biotech company to put down roots in the bustling neighborhood behind Fenway Park.

Decibel, launched in Cambridge last year by Third Rock Ventures, is developing medicines to treat hearing loss, a condition affecting an estimated 50 million people in the United States and 360 million globally. The company will lease 32,000 square feet of space on the fifth floor of one of the two buildings in Van Ness, and have room for up to 100 employees.

[...]

That's great news! The BBJ article also said that they filled the space much quicker than they anticipated. I wonder if we'll see any of the remaining parcels in this area switch to office from residential? It seems like there's enough demand for office space.

That's great news! The BBJ article also said that they filled the space much quicker than they anticipated. I wonder if we'll see any of the remaining parcels in this area switch to office from residential? It seems like there's enough demand for office space.

It should be a place biotech companies want to be - right next to Longwood.

There was a big empty retail street frontage that was empty, wonder what is happening with that

There was a big empty retail street frontage that was empty, wonder what is happening with that

There's a barber shop and a hair salon opening up in this building on Van Ness street along with Craft Beer Cellar that's already in there. Not sure what's going into the Boylston frontage... seems like they're looking for something big like a restaurant.

Sephora is taking Boylston Street space - was originally built out for City Sports before they went belly up

God, it seems like Sephora is taking over the world! Everywhere I travel these days it seems like Sephora is opening mega-stores. Does the world need this much eyeliner? Apparently so...

Back