Boynton Gateway | 495 Columbia Street | Somerville

3B016115-F28D-4AAF-A64C-A8E23EFB1C10.jpeg

With all the utility work around this area, you can see how all the streets are still cobblestone under the asphalt.

Is there a reason besides saving money that they just paved over the cobble stones vs ripping them up and laying a proper road bed? I have to imagine that this has something to do with the horrible condition the roads are always in. If they did that here Im sure the road bed is junk everywhere else too. Its one of those things that you save money on in the short term but lose big in the long term.

This area was an industrial backwater. I don’t think anyone cared about the quality of the roads.

I was the guy in the baseball cap dodging the Royal White trucks.

@sun, nice shot! But if you live there, I really feel for you, cause that pile-driving process (or whatever it’s called) is incredibly loud and ground shaking! I hope not too many people are working from home in that building!

I'm in the neighborhood but not in that green building thankfully! Even so, there have been a couple days where I've been woken up to vibrations. I can only imagine how bad it must be for the building next to it. Still a lot of piles to put in.

IMG_2667.jpeg

Back