Broadluxe

There were workers out front laying down pavers in the sidewalk today.. hopefully it's a sign the fencing will come down soon.

And on an almost completely unrelated note, I can't wait for the Panera Bread down the block to open up! Lord knows why they waited so long to enter the central Boston market, but whatever.. anything that could potentially reduce the number of friggin Au Bon Pains in the area is A.O.K. with me.

^ That's funny because Au Bon Pain used to own Panera and Panera's CEO lives in Brookline. Funny, ain't it?

Yes, indeed. I never knew Panera was owned by Au Bon Pain.

Don't forget

Don't forget, the Broadluxe auction is on the 17th. The building will be sold, complete. As well, a building of condos across the street (down the street) will sell off its units.

http://www.tranzon.com

auction

I attended the foreclosure auction this morning. TD Banknorth, the lender, bought the property back for $17.5 million (presumably the outstanding balance on the loan). The closest private bidder came in at $15.5 million. AJ Martini, the contractor, filed a lien on the property for $5.5 million in unpaid expenses last Friday. My understanding is that a mezzanine lender lost several million.

Re: auction

The units are up for auction individually on June 21. Info is available online at www.broadluxeauction.com, but requires registration.

I went to the preview today to check it out and the units are all over the map in price and size. There may be some good deals for people who want to live in the urban wasteland of the financial district. Would have made better as office space, IMHO.

Panera is now owned (and I had thought always been owned) by the St. Louis Bread Company. They have exactly the same logo, same font it just says STL Bread Co. instead of Panera. And Au Bon Pain is way better than Panera, for the record.

Au Bon Pain merged with Panera, then later they de-merged. It's a confusing story.

Back