Brookline Infill and Small Developments

Brookline mulls over development opportunities on Route 9:

Brookline mulls over development opportunities on Route 9:

They shared concerns about traffic on nearby Heath Street, as well as the height of new buildings and the shadows they might cause. They wondered about the possibility of bringing new green space or a park or playground to the area.

Across the street, I learned that the weird angle of the front face of the Star Market row of retail follows the town boundary. Interesting that the parking is on the Brookline side and the actual businesses are in Newton.

Across the street, I learned that the weird angle of the front face of the Star Market row of retail follows the town boundary. Interesting that the parking is on the Brookline side and the actual businesses are in Newton.
Never knew that either, I actually thought Brookline's border stopped essentially at Hammond Street and that the businesses beyond were in Newton, for both sides of Rt 9.

Never knew that either, I actually thought Brookline's border stopped essentially at Hammond Street and that the businesses beyond were in Newton, for both sides of Rt 9.
i want to say that CVS on the corner of Hammond and Route 9 is sometimes listed as Newton, but the neighborhood of Chestnut Hill is making everything confusing (as it often does)

Back