Brookline Place | Boston Children's Hospital | Brookline

Re: Brookline Place

picture.php

Honestly, not bad at all as far as garages go!

Honestly, not bad at all as far as garages go!

I would hazard to say that this is officially good design. Lets go with that.

cca

I wonder how much extra that thoughtful façade cost vs a more basic design.

To expand: Assuming this design is more expensive, why did the developer agree to the extra expense and risk? Whim? Ego? And more importantly, why did the lender agree to front the money on a seemingly wasteful façade? Maybe it was self-funded? Maybe there was an ROI argument to be made for the extra expense. If so, maybe that argument can be made for other projects in the Boston area and we can start seeing more quality designs like this one.
OR maybe it didn't really cost that much more and the designer/architect was given a little more freedom in his design.
Either way I think there is a lot to learn for this project and would probably make a nice example and case study.

I would hazard to say that this is officially good design. Lets go with that.

cca

Well, it sure looks that way from the photos, but I would want to see it in person to confirm. It may be one of those instances where it's good from afar but far from good with regards to quality and execution, which aren't always obvious from photos.

Of course, you could still have good design and poor/cheap execution, but at the end of the day, I think most people consider both together when judging design.

I want to like it. I hope I do. I'm also probably spending way too much time thinking about a garage..

Of course, you could still have good design and poor/cheap execution,.

Nope ... good design takes care of all of that. It is the whole package. If one part breaks ... the whole design fails.

Sitework on the 10-story hotel across the street will be starting next week

Mods, please mark this thread as "under construction"

mods, as beeline requested, please mark this thread as "under construction"

Back