BU Data Sciences Center | 665 Commonwealth Avenue | BU Central

52081440903_9c67124187_k.jpg

52081440873_fe4145b222_k.jpg

kz1000ps that 1st pic though. 🤯. 👍
About 2 weeks ago, I dropped my kid off at BU after he had been home for a few hours, and saw essentially that very view, but at night. The Data Sciences Center was lit up, and combined with the Hancock, Pru, and Four Seasons, formed a really big presence in the night time sky. Very spectacular, particularly when it was really just 4 buildings.

I had to hit the back then forward button in my browser to remember the thread I was reading cause that's a clear good shot of Encore but I knew that wasn't the thread. It's sorta a Wheres Waldo of the BU Tower. Lol. 😀

Those are some iconic angles! Pretty cool how from that spot it lines up with the roofs of the pru and hancock.

In the last two photos, the sun-reflected angular offsets really work with the busy streetscape, the entire scene kind of Tokyo-ish in its kinetic energy. I give this building an A+. At first I was grumbling about it, but there I was, also complaining about Harvard Square not being daring enough lately, and so finally we do have something that is edgy and dynamic in this BU area, and it is working great. Thanks for the great photos, people, and straightening out my geezer mindset on this.

Back