BU Data Sciences Center | 665 Commonwealth Avenue | BU Central

52111708559_c91c316651_k.jpg

I know it's not the focus of this shot but the reflection of the Raffles hotel in the Hancock is really pretty! Amazing photography!

The glass is really amazing on this one (though concerned about the bird strikes mentioned upthread) in some of the photos in this thread. I do a double take as at first glance, I ask myself "wait, where's the rest of it?" as some sides almost blend into the background sky.

Wow!! I freakin love when the orange/rust color of the fins shows up in these pics!! The color, for whatever reason, doesn’t seem to show up in most pics!

Are the “gashes” in the fin sides intentional or are they waiting on a new shipment of the fin material in order to fill them in?

There is no middle ground with this building, you either love it or hate it. I'm still in the latter.

Its like grapefruit, nobody just kinda likes it. Its either hideous or delicious, and thats ok.

Are the “gashes” in the fin sides intentional or are they waiting on a new shipment of the fin material in order to fill them in?

I think they are intentional considering that the pattern on the baseline aligns with the upper floor facades. I don’t remember seeing that in the renderings though.

I think they are intentional considering that the pattern on the baseline aligns with the upper floor facades. I don’t remember seeing that in the renderings though.
Another case of the finished building looking quite a bit better than the render. That seems to happen a lot.

There is no middle ground with this building, you either love it or hate it. I'm still in the latter.
I've always liked it, but it took me a while to decide whether I liked it at this location. At first I didn't think it was the right place for such a building, but now I think it's just right.

6/18 From Prospect Hill Somerville. Just peaking out from the left but should have decent visibility once that crane goes away.

IMG_2087 by David Z, on Flickr

Back