BU Data Sciences Center | 665 Commonwealth Avenue | BU Central

That is a false statement. No school gets “kicked out” of a space. But I enjoy your misinformation campaign.
Read the BU IMP thread here. There is a link to the new IMP. The COM building will be demolished for another STEM building. The IMP makes no mention of a new COM building being built. When asked at the presentation a BU official said COM would be relocated "to the western side of the campus".

BU Institutional Master Plan 2023 | archBOSTON

Read the BU IMP thread here. There is a link to the new IMP. The COM building will be demolished for another STEM building. The IMP makes no mention of a new COM building being built. When asked at the presentation a BU official said COM would be relocated "to the western side of the campus".

BU Institutional Master Plan 2023 | archBOSTON

I'm aware of the BU IMP. It is not an indication that COM is being "pushed out" by the university, rather a relocation of COM to a side of campus that is aligned with alike programs such as in CFA, WBUR, Daily Free Press, etc. At this point, it makes far more sense to move COM and free up that space where that "dumpy" building is to continue to align engineering programs on central campus. At the end of the day it will connect studies with facilities and resources in specific locations that can create synergistic opportunities.

I know doomsday scenarios are more fun, but that is the logical choice.

I'm aware of the BU IMP. It is not an indication that COM is being "pushed out" by the university, rather a relocation of COM to a side of campus that is aligned with alike programs such as in CFA, WBUR, Daily Free Press, etc. At this point, it makes far more sense to move COM and free up that space where that "dumpy" building is to continue to align engineering programs on central campus. At the end of the day it will connect studies with facilities and resources in specific locations that can create synergistic opportunities.

I know doomsday scenarios are more fun, but that is the logical choice.
But the IMP has no mention of a new building or even a major renovation of one for COM. That tells me BU has not decided what to do. I asked in that thread if there was a deadline for IMP submission because the IMP appears to be incomplete.

But the IMP has no mention of a new building or even a major renovation of one for COM. That tells me BU has not decided what to do. I asked in that thread if there was a deadline for IMP submission because the IMP appears to be incomplete.

That is a different point than you were previously suggesting. Sure, its incomplete. All school amend their IMPs -- tell me a single one that did not amend an IMP in Boston to add new projects, or revise an existing plan.

This is *precisely* the attitude why we have no new or interesting architecture in Boston. Anything remotely new or interesting gets savaged in the press and in public. Vive la difference.
Sometimes I get the idea that architecture critical review in Boston is 100% based on the negative reactions to City Hall. The thought process seems to be, well, we tried daring and unique once, and it didn't work. Let's make sure everything else mimics the 19th century for the rest of time!

BUDS 1.jpg

Delete your globe cookies and refresh, you’ll be able to load the page

Thats what I do too but in order to not lose all my passwords and other cookies on safari I downloaded chrome and use that specifically as my boston globe/paywall work-around browser. On the new york times and sites like that that dont work that way you can just go into airplane mode before the paywall loads and read it that way. If all of that fails you can many times use the wayback machine website to get an older link. Still havent figured out how to get around the atlantic yet tho.

You don't have to delete *all* cookies -- just security and privacy data related to the globe.
Screenshot 2023-05-03 at 12.30.23 PM.png

Or just turn off JavaScript in your settings for Safari (on iPhone) and it’ll get you behind a paywall (for most sites).

Thats what I do too but in order to not lose all my passwords and other cookies on safari I downloaded chrome and use that specifically as my boston globe/paywall work-around browser. On the new york times and sites like that that dont work that way you can just go into airplane mode before the paywall loads and read it that way. If all of that fails you can many times use the wayback machine website to get an older link. Still havent figured out how to get around the atlantic yet tho.
Or just turn off JavaScript in your settings for Safari (on iPhone) and it’ll get you behind a paywall (for most sites).

Way to go, guys! I also prefer to steal the goods and services I consume instead of paying for them!

Holy crap this really works! Youre the man thank you! I feel like I just got a life cheat code.

Anyways sorry for the off topic chatter, back to the topic at hand.

Journalists work really hard producing content for very little pay in a vitally important industry that is slowly being killed in a manner that will leave society in a much worse place. Call me a nerd if you want, but if you just fucking steal their work and don't give a shit, then you're an asshole .

Journalists work really hard producing content for very little pay in a vitally important industry that is slowly being killed in a manner that will leave society in a much worse place. Call me a nerd if you want, but if you just fucking steal their work and don't give a shit, then you're an asshole .
You are absolutely correct and I appreciate the well-deserved slap. No sarcasm.

Back