BU Data Sciences Center | 665 Commonwealth Avenue | BU Central

Way to go, guys! I also prefer to steal the goods and services I consume instead of paying for them!
Turning off JavaScript is not stealing, in fact, it enhances your privacy. By doing so, companies cannot “steal” your browsing data. Just ssyin’
Maybe take this discussion to another thread where it’s more appropriate:

So anyway, on the topic of the building...

My son took this picture from one of the study nooks a few days ago. If I were him, I'd spend as much time as possible in that nook. What an incredible view!

IMG_20230504_090317.jpg

Kind of like how Boston City Hall won all kinds of architecture awards when it was first built, and that resoundingly put to rest all the criticism going forward ; )

Anecdotal (at best), but while nearly all of my friends, family, coworkers, bandmates pretty much hate Boston City Hall (with a few exceptions), I haven't heard anything except praise (or, at worst, "Well, that's at least daring") for this building.

I don't see the BU Data Scieces Center becoming the sort of polarizing, divisive touchstone that City Hall is.

Anecdotal (at best), but while nearly all of my friends, family, coworkers, bandmates pretty much hate Boston City Hall (with a few exceptions), I haven't heard anything except praise (or, at worst, "Well, that's at least daring") for this building.

I don't see the BU Data Scieces Center becoming the sort of polarizing, divisive touchstone that City Hall is.

And I actually quite like the building myself too : )

-Designed by KPMB Architects, Boston University's Center for Computing & Data Sciences is among almost 250 structures shortlisted for "World Building of the Year."

I wouldn't call 250 nominations a "short" list. I'm not a hater, and in fact I like this building a lot. However, this article is pretty meaningless at the moment regardless of which side you fall. Will it be the building of the year? Top 10? Top 100? I'm sorry, but "one of the 250 best buildings of 2023" isn't going to silence any of the haters that are out there. You should have read this more closely before jumping the gun with such a strong assertion.

-Designed by KPMB Architects, Boston University's Center for Computing & Data Sciences is among almost 250 structures shortlisted for "World Building of the Year."

I wouldn't call 250 nominations a "short" list. I'm not a hater, and in fact I like this building a lot. However, this article is pretty meaningless at the moment regardless of which side you fall. Will it be the building of the year? Top 10? Top 100? I'm sorry, but "one of the 250 best buildings of 2023" isn't going to silence any of the haters that are out there. You should have read this more closely before jumping the gun with such a strong assertion.

It was (unclearly) posted in jest.

Back