Bulfinch Crossing | Congress Street Garage | West End

Jahvon09

Reaction score
Seems like a years-long Dig Dig-style project dismantling this garage with all those issues that seem to just keep on surfacing!! :eek:

stefal

Reaction score
I don't frequent here - is there substantial progress on the demolition of the garage? Was hoping there'd be a mobile crane or two to get things really moving if they were going to have a few weeks of uninterrupted access to demolish what's over the tunnels...

HenryAlan

Reaction score
But these columns are underneath the station, not in the garage. I kind of get what was said before about “owning the liability” but it just seems like they’d be out of scope for garage maintenance.
The columns are part of the garage. Who owns the garage, owns the columns,

Charlie_mta

Reaction score
So the MBTA wouldn’t need any structural support there if there was just a park on top of Haymarket?
Before the garage was built, I assume the tunnels at Haymarket had enough support for the small buildings and streets above, just like the rest of the GL and OL subways of the same vintage. So, I assume the columns were part of the GC garage construction, added to deflect the massive weight of the GC Garage away from the tunnels.

MayDay

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I saw this forum mentioned on the skyscraperpage.com forum so thought I'd post here. My husband and I spent about a week in Boston/Provincetown - some nice projects going up, including the Bulfinch tower. Snapped this on the ferry returning to Boston from Provincetown.
BostonSSP8.jpg