Bulfinch Crossing East Parcel | Congress Street | West End

goody

Reaction score
I like their design study better but one thing that the Central Plaza can teach us is that concave forms are MUCH better at defining space then convex forms. I don't get why you'd put a convex façade facing the park.

1634144368671.png

Equilibria

Reaction score
I like their design study better but one thing that the Central Plaza can teach us is that concave forms are MUCH better at defining space then convex forms. I don't get why you'd put a convex façade facing the park.
That's a great observation, but I'd rather enclose Congress Street than the Greenway. This building can't do much to define a space as wide as the Greenway.

stick n move

Reaction score
They also make the mistake of providing their initial design study. Should have stuck with this one, folks:
View attachment 17697
Seriously, do they not have eyeballs? This version is a billion times better than that jumbled disaster theyre proposing now. Hopefully the normal VE circle of life brings it back. I REALLY hope so, we dont need a mega turd front and center on the skyline and greenway.

Smartiro

Reaction score
Not a big fan and I think it's too tall for the location. I'd much rather they added 100' to office tower and removed 50 here.

goody

Reaction score
That's a great observation, but I'd rather enclose Congress Street than the Greenway. This building can't do much to define a space as wide as the Greenway.
I am all for enclosing Congress and while this cant do much for defining the Greenway the concave, or a well textured/stepped back option, would be a lot less hostile.