Bulfinch Triangle Infill & Small Projects

I like that waterfall? added to this proposal. These are preety good proposal IMO.

Is that just a proposal or has it been chosen, and if so when will it get built?

I'm glad the two-story will stay and get some love. Which parcel will have the supermarket?

The three proposals are the ones chosen by the MTA (in most cases they were the only proposal so it wasn't a difficult choice). They're all listed as Under Review in the BRA website. When they'll get built probably depends on when the BRA approves them and what the market demand is. Given its current state the development may end up as office rather than residential. The supermarket is in this proposal (Parcel 2ABC) and both the North and West End commmunities want it so Menino will try to influence the developer to get it built sooner rather than later. I think the waterfall is a vertical map of the former Middlesex Canal, from which Canal St. gets its name.

Could someone post an overhead photograph (from Google, maybe) with lines designating exactly where all these parcels are? I know the basic outline, but I'm not sure I understand exactly how this huge area was broken up into sub-parcels.

Wishful thinking

Ha. In this design above, what's the high-rise in the back?

Wishful thinking on the part of the BRA?

Wow, that is actually pretty nice.

Also, there already was a thread for the Bulfinch Triangle area so I combined all these proposals into that just to keep things simple.

Stumped

I can't figure this all out.

Here's my best guess.

bulfinch.jpg

The problem is, a lot of these roads don't exist on Google Maps, and/or Google Maps still show the Central Artery.

The BRA mentions Beverly St and Haverhill St, which both exist to a large part under the greenway, I think. Traverse St doesn't show up, at all.

One thing - Avenir Boston is supposed to be built on Parcel 1A - is this the same as Parcel 1? If so, there should only be two rectangles at the top, not three.

Is anything being built on-top-of the artery, or just to the side?

Fun with maps

Okay, anyone have more knowledge of this?

bulfinch2.jpg

I can't figure out what's where.

Re: Wishful thinking

JimboJones said:
Ha. In this design above, what's the high-rise in the back?

Wishful thinking on the part of the BRA?
That is the "probably never will be built" North Station Towers.

DarkFenX said:
[That is the "probably never will be built" North Station Towers.

There is too much money to be made here for the buildings not to be built. Same with North Point.

Did they always plan to save the low rise building?

These proposals for the parcels are all what--two years old, and we've barely heard anything, particularly lately. Seems discouraging.

BostonObserver said:
DarkFenX said:
[That is the "probably never will be built" North Station Towers.

There is too much money to be made here for the buildings not to be built. Same with North Point.

Did they always plan to save the low rise building?
The North Station Towers are not part of the Bullfinch project. It's entirely different. These towers has been a vision way before the central artery came down and there are nobody taking up the proposal.

Map of the parcels. 1A and 2B are MBTA parcels, the others are Pike Authority.
@van, what's the rationale for merging all the projects into the generic discussion thread?

BT-parcels.jpg

Because all these projects were already in this thread and since they are all right next to each other I don't see the need for an individual thread for each.

I'm missing something. Apart from a passing reference to parcel 1B most of this thread is about Avenir, for which I also created this project-specific thread that wasn't merged into this one. I don't really care whether it's one or multiple threads, but if a single thread is going to be the approach then to be consistent the Avenir thread should be moved here as well.

The following pictures were taken Oct 14:

Parcel 1B, looking toward the Zakim.
avenir100.jpg

Avenir and Valenti Way.
P1020735.jpg

Looking south from Valenti Way. The 2A parcel?

P1020737A.jpg

That's a nice looking field there. I thought it would take a lot of effort to get grass growing this time of year.

Back